jacobss
What's New?

Anabolic window post work out

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The reason I was doing the 92 was just to try and get 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight in each day. So it would be better to spread that out? Sounds like a good idea especially if I drink it when I start getting hungry again before bed
yes, I think spreading out your protein intake probably will be beneficial, but it's not magic. Staying consistent is where the magic is.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
If that diet is working for you, I don't see any reason to change things. But 92 grams of protein post workout seems like quite a bit. Not saying it hurts, but I question how much protein your body is able to utilize, especially without using AAS. My guess is some of that protein is ending up in the toilet bowl. Again, not a problem, but may be a bit overkill.
I see OP’s response to the “window” theory all the time. They have been convinced that they can recover from their workout, plus build new growth, in twenty minutes after their workout if they consume a bunch of protein right after their workout. Then they neglect protein the rest of the day, because, after all, their recovery window has closed by this point.

And that is what I see as the problem with the theory. They dump everything into the “window” and forget that recovery is an all day for several days commitment.

I think the whole “window” thing is a marketing ploy to sell “fast” proteins and aminos or whatever. On the one hand they scare you by saying you are wasting your workout; and on the other hand they have a pre-designed solution to sell you to fix the “emergency” they have convinced you exists.

Nevermind that if you have already been eating your 40 grams of meat and egg protein every three hours throughout the day you already have a shitload of protein circulating in your body, even during your workout. And nevermind that recovery is a process that takes place over several days.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Digestion is a 24hr process. The real reason to eat right after training: to get as many feeding in each day as you can. For me, its more about what I take in post WO. Its the only low fat 'meal' of plant based protein.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I agree with a lot of the excellent comments here. I suppose in a perfect world, we'd each have an IV drip of all the important BCAAs, etc. slowly being dumped into our bloodstreams 24 hours a day.

Regular meals helps this. But so many people are having success with the intermittent fasting that I'm convinced there are multiple roads to success

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I thought that science debunked the " anabolic window" idea a while back?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
If you are eating enough protein throughout the day, then there is no reason to rush to get food after a workout. If you ate steak 8 hours ago and threw up right now, you would still see chunks of steak in your vomit. Additionally, your body can really only synthesize about a gram of protein per hour, genetics and anabolics can increase this a bit. However, slamming 40-70 grams of protein post workout doesn't really have the effect you think it does.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
the "Window" has been more or less disproven. Protein synthesis is increased by 100% up to 48 hours after a workout. Prioritize hitting at least your protein requirement every day if not more, as well as hitting at least your other nutritional requirements, and worry less about the small stuff.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic