Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Abdominal

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
While trying a belt for the first time on squats. I was trying to focus on leaning back into the heels and the right side of my abdominal popped a bit. It's pretty sore right now, but no intense pain like a torn muscle. I would say a 3 out of 10 pain. I actually finished a light squat workout out with the belt. I think the belt changed my posture and caused something to go. Anyone have anything similar and what did it end up being? Thanks in advance.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
Pain increased to about a 5 today. At 8 I see the doctor. Has something like this happened to someone else? It also feels like my abdominal muscle seperated itself from my lower rib....I didn't know they were connected.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
On a deadlift about a year ago my belt creeped up over my bottom ribs. I took a huge breath in which expanded the rib cage. I grabbed the bar and pulled.

I felt a rubber band snap in my chest. No pain. Finished my workout.

Woke up the next day with a good deal of pain.

It was a torn intercostal muscle. 4 weeks of no squats and deads. 2 weeks of light squats and deads.

No biggie.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Yeah sounds like at least a strained intercostal to me. They can get pretty painful without rest....but they are harmless for the most part. I played half a football season with a torn intercostal that I never rested so it never got better until after the season.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Forgive me if you already do this...

Every time I tighten my belt I do a bodyweight squat nice and deep to make sure the belt settles in. Sometimes even the elastic band on my shorts can cause a shift when I go down. And even more important, make sure you are tightening those abs and pushing out against the belt to create a platform for your back. It doesn't work on it's own. Hope you feel better soon.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic