Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

3500 calories a day? Is it just too much?

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
So I have been trying to keep up with the intake of 3500 -4000 calories a day but i have to admit its just too much Im always full sluggish and it always hard to just keep the diet spot on for that amount of calories a day I just dont have the time to cook and prepare that much food you know kids family and stuff. I tend to carry a bit more weight around my gut when Im in a bulk cycle cause of the calorie intake so anyone have any suggestions? Is that massive amount of calories really needed all the time. Im just getting tired of if your not growing your not eating enough mantra, how much truth is there to that in peoples experience.. And is it need to really regulate your food every 2 hours really eating then becomes a job.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
How much of it is fiber?

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
How big of a boy are you? Food consumption amounts can vary person to person. But you can eventually get your body used to eating large amounts of food.

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
6'1 240lbs I eat a lot already but when I start packing more calories i also get some fat unless im running t3 or GH.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
6'1 240lbs I eat a lot already but when I start packing more calories i also get some fat unless im running t3 or GH.

Try dropping some of the carbs and replacing it with more protein and fat. This works for me. Unless I'm on gear I get fat any time my carbs go over 100 grams per day.The only time I can really eat lots of carbs is if I'm on a good cycle. Man, 6'1" 240 and you can't eat 3,500 calories per day? I'm 5'9" 218 and can eat that much in 2-3 meals.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
You're 240 and your bulking caloric intake is only 3500-4000 calories? Do you know your lean mass?

Bulking isnt always easy. Consuming food when you really don't want to is par for the course sometimes. It depends on how badly you want your gains. Honestly the caloric intake you have really isnt all that high. Preparing meals and making sure you are getting the necessary macro's in is a full time job, you just have to stick with it

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
So I have been trying to keep up with the intake of 3500 -4000 calories a day but i have to admit its just too much Im always full sluggish and it always hard to just keep the diet spot on for that amount of calories a day I just dont have the time to cook and prepare that much food you know kids family and stuff. I tend to carry a bit more weight around my gut when Im in a bulk cycle cause of the calorie intake so anyone have any suggestions? Is that massive amount of calories really needed all the time. Im just getting tired of if your not growing your not eating enough mantra, how much truth is there to that in peoples experience.. And is it need to really regulate your food every 2 hours really eating then becomes a job.

You don't need to eat every 2 hours but if you eat less frequently it may be even harder to get all the food in. An easy way to increase calories as stated above, is to drop some carbs and increase fats. Nut butters are loaded with calories. Cook your meats with coconut oil. You may want to decrease fiber. Choose lean beef over chicken.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
What GS said that is what i was getting at all the fiber will make you feel bloated

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
Well its more food when its lower fat less carbs and high in protein I do about 2 shakes a day plus food but its not all lean mass I can eat 5000 calories a day but good calories are a lot harder... So what I'm saying is lean good calories ate harder for me I rat egg beaters in the am then lunch more maybe a chicken breast sandwich in love the burrito bowl at chipotle no cheese of course or cream and this isnt event 2500 calories and still have to stuff down another 1500 or so calories at night which why I'm just stuffed all the time...

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
I'm including 300 calories for each shake

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic