Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

170kg bench press attempt

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
hi guys so ive just peaked in strength and thought id try and do a pb in bench press - i was certain of getting 160kg(352lb) but thought id also hhave a go at 170kg(374lb) here is how it went... im going to do a pb attempt at squat and deadlift also next week and then im going into a light phase of reps and sets ... but any advice for my next heavy phase is welcome

[video]https://youtu.be/UzqfL1GGkpI[/video]

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Next time you'll have that for sure, Big Al

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Valiant effort, but get a spotter next time.

Looks like a great gym too.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Wrap those thumbs and bend the bar apart on your descent. It'll get your lats more involved. It'll allow your wrist to be in line with your forearm creating better energy transfer throughout your whole arm.

And definitely get a spotter next time. That rep and the one before had me cringing - the 352 because the bar path was shaky and the last one because I saw it start to come down.

You might consider starting a log, posting up what your last training cycle looked like, what your ideas are for this next one, then ask for some input. The more info you give out the more you'll get in return.

Strong bench though!!!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Get someone to give you a lift off and also spot you on your heavier attempts.

Like what has been said, wrap your thumbs and try to bend the bar to engage your lats and put yourself in a good position to press the weight. I'd work on getting a bigger arch. Run bands lengthwise on the bench so it'll be easier to create and hold an arch.

JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
Nice presses and attempt. Good end to your heavy cycle.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic