Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

So what are your thoughts on the Steel and aluminum tariffs?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Btw, we are hiring experienced machinists, welders, and engineers. There are none to be had. Good time to be in business! Time to make hay while the sun is shining.

Agreed. I think it would be smart to resurrect the industrial arts classes in high schools, and get 35-50 percent of the students enrolled in these courses, to prep them. Instead we tell everyone that they need to go to college, which is BS. Then a bunch go off to college who aren't a good fit, spend 12-18 months drinking and getting laid, while going $20-30K in debt and then dropping out.

You can drink and get laid for a lot cheaper than that. Instead graduate from high school and enter an apprenticeship program, and in 12-18 months you're well on you way to having a nice career and a good skill set.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Wow! JR: I can't believe you and I agree on anything, let alone almost every word you wrote! Well said bro!

The almost is this: I wonder about his bluffing to put the screws to NK or China. I didn't think Donny boy put enough thought into anything to be that subtle or cunning. If he does, then I have mis judged him enormously. . .

We probably agree on more than you think. I'm quite fiscally conservative and hawkish on the military, but I'm pretty libertarian socially.

I think Trump is far more cunning and subtle than most people think. I think most (not all) of what we see and hear from him is calculated.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
We probably agree on more than you think. I'm quite fiscally conservative and hawkish on the military, but I'm pretty libertarian socially.

I think Trump is far more cunning and subtle than most people think. I think most (not all) of what we see and hear from him is calculated.

I find that I agree with most reasonable people on more than I disagree with them. The few things I disagree with them on are usually about how best to get to the same goal they and I both want to get to in the end.

Trump may be cunning but he is doing a lousy job of not shooting himself in the foot every few weeks . . . even above and beyond his critics who are doing what they can to take him down.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I don't always agree with everything Trump says or tweets. I would definitely be a least a little more "presidential" and communicate with more discipline and restraint if I was POTUS. But of course I am not and never will be.

Carly Fiorina, Lyin' Ted, and Little Marco were my top 3 picks for the GOP nomination. But of course none of them made the cut. Trump was way down on my list of GOP picks, but at the end of it all I chose him over the alternative in the GE.

With that said, he obviously has done a masterful job overall manipulating the media and enraging most of them and the far left in the US. I think he has said and tweeted some things he shouldn't have in the process, and I don't agree with the tariffs and the DOJ bothering with going after marijuana - Sessions should be focusing on more important matters.

But for the most part I am pleased with the direction of the country under Trump - the SCOTUS and other judicial appointments, the repeal of the ACA mandate, the reductions and dismantling of Dodd-Frank and other burdensome regulations, the lower corporate and individual taxes, etc.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic