Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Critique my bulking diet!!

B

Buntsnasty

Aug 8, 2015
What's up guys, this is the bulking diet I'm going to follow How does it look? I'm 21 years old 6'1 currently 178 lbs trying to get to 200 lbs for powerlifting.

Meal 1: 4-5 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal
Meal 2: 6-8 oz 93/7 ground beef 1.5 cup brown rice
Meal 3: 6 oz chicken 1-1.5 cup brown rice
Meal 4: same as meal 2
Meal 6: 1.5 cup cottage cheese .5 cup oatmeal

My current lifting schedule is this and I follow powerlifting style

Monday: lower body, usually some squat and deadlift variation plus accessory work
Tuesday: Upper body, some bench variation plus accessory work
Wednesday: Is supposed to be off but usually go in and do some lift arm work
Thursday: lower again usually some variation of either squat or deadlift usually not both plus accessory work
Friday: Upper same as before
Saturday: lower some variation of whatever either squat or deadlift which ever I don't do on Thursday plus accessory work
Sunday: light arms again

I do core work usually everyday for about 15 minutes at the end and do some light cardio usually riding a stationary bike 5 times a week for about 30 minutes or some.

Thanks for the help

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I would shoot myself in the face if I ate like that for a single day. There is no such thing as "eating clean" so eat what you want. But stay within your alloted calories.

Look up how to calculate your TDEE. That will tell you how to eat. From there add in maybe 10 to 15% more for gain. Then calculate .8g/kg of bodyweight for protein, .4g/kg of bodyweight for fat and fill the rest of the cals with carbs.

Also wondering why 200lbs? The weight classes are 198, 220, 242.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Gallon of milk a day GOMAD. As long as you are not lactose intolerant there is no better way to big.
Whole Milk

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Looks like not enough protein for even a small woman to me bro:eek:

Seeker

Seeker

Dec 30, 2011
Well looking at that diet it's no wonder you only weigh 178 at 6'1. my man you need to eat! Eat calorie dense foods, eat whole eggs, drink whole milk, drink chocolate milk, pasta, potatoes, meat, chicken, ( whole chickens, bone and skin) oily fish, rice, oats, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, burritos. calories!

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
As already said you need ALOT more food. I'd say that's about 2500 cals max, which is lower than I go at the most deprived stages of my competition prep. Bump up the cals and protein and you will grow. Find a basic caloric maintenance Calc and eat 500 cals over that amount with around 1.5g protein per lb body weight and you will grow. Check out my fitness pal or something to log

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Dude as stated that's MY diet and I am 132....

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I'm 5'6" and eating almost twice that a day just as maintenance (I'm 180 also!). Get McDonald's once a wk and throw in some of the other foods you like but havent eaten. I learned the hard way........tuna, chicken, and salad for 2 yrs got me shredded but definitely no size was gained. GOMAD, mcdonalds, and poptarts!!!

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I'm 5'6" and eating almost twice that a day just as maintenance (I'm 180 also!). Get McDonald's once a wk and throw in some of the other foods you like but havent eaten. I learned the hard way........tuna, chicken, and salad for 2 yrs got me shredded but definitely no size was gained. GOMAD, mcdonalds, and poptarts!!!

The Mc Donalds will only make you shit and clog your arteries eat a HUGE meal of steak and potatoes instead or a giant plate of pasta with chicken or fish.

B

Buntsnasty

Aug 8, 2015
i wish i could do the GOMAD diet but I've found that it milk messes up my stomach too much, ill start increasing my calorie intake for sure thanks for the input guys

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
The Mc Donalds will only make you shit and clog your arteries eat a HUGE meal of steak and potatoes instead or a giant plate of pasta with chicken or fish.

Very true LG.......but those sausage McMuffins just keep calling me on Saturday!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic