Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

JiuJitsu /Grappling drug program

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Hey BrotherIron - thx for the info! Much appreciated. I knew EQ should def be in the mix and the more I think about deca the water retention that can cause would not be good while developing one's wind or VO up take / Max. I'm one of those oddities that does not get an increase in RBC off of EQ. I used it at a relatively high dose for 6 months last year and went to donate blood and asked to have double red drained off. They took my count and I almost didn't even qualify to give blood (by just one point) due to my RBC being so low. I will focus on the Test, EQ, masteron and maybe toss in some var from time to time - I know I've read studies that anavar increases cartilidge and joint health as does EQ and deca. I know some debate the effectiveness of EQ on joint health but I'll hope for the best remembering a few studies I read.

I didn't realize they tested at the BB's last year. That had to be really bad for more than a few competetors.

Thx again TN

I'm going to assume you don't compete at Pan's, Mundials, or Europeans. It was widely publicized. They didn't test everyone. It was a random test for women and men. You could easily see the difference in some of the competitors physiques and some didn't even compete.

Masteron is another good choice b/c it'll keep you dry and not affect your cardio capacity in a negative way.

T

TheNeed

Jan 12, 2014
I'm going to assume you don't compete at Pan's, Mundials, or Europeans. It was widely publicized. They didn't test everyone. It was a random test for women and men. You could easily see the difference in some of the competitors physiques and some didn't even compete.

Masteron is another good choice b/c it'll keep you dry and not affect your cardio capacity in a negative way.

No I have 10 years of judo in my past which I was forced to give up a decade ago. 2 days ago was the 1st time I stepped onto the mat in 10 years - this time to try out jujitsu. It was a great workout but being 30-40 lbs heavier really affected my cardio in a bad way - even though it was all muscle as I just started cycling 2 years ago. In just I was nationally qualified and on the USA points chart for a few years but an 8x surgically repaired left knee took me out of the game. I started judo late in life at like 28 - 29. If I had this level of instruction I experienced 2 days ago at this jujitsu club I tried out 2 days ago - 20 years ago - I'm certain I would have not suffered this injury that in essence changed my whole life. The Sensi had us do this extensive warm up (which had me fighting for my air right out of the gates) did some instruction followed by 3 rounds on the mat and cycled like this 4x to finish off the hour class. So since I had to stop numerous x just to get my wind I'm working to get that back. I'm certain it will include dropping some of this water/bulk, stopping all the tren, and just get healthy.

I was thinking masteron would help in a positive way. I plan on continuing to train 4-5x a week bodybuilding style with decent amount of volume.

Thx again for the input. If there is anything else you can add I'd greatly appreciate it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Your judo will help you greatly if you decide to compete. You guy throw like a f'n freight train and manage to do so as soon as we stand up. You'll find most people pulling guard with you. Don't let them pull the bitch scoot.

Interesting it was your knee that forced you out of Judo.... most of the guys I know who train Judo and were forced to stop were from shoulder injuries. Apparently, y'all seperate your shoulders quite often. One of my friends just missed making the Olympic team back in the day. I hated being thrown by him when we were drilling.

You can keep training bbing style but honestly you'll want to tailor your training to help your BJJ game and that means ditching the bbing scheme. Also, be sure to work on your mobility and flexibility.

T

TheNeed

Jan 12, 2014
Your judo will help you greatly if you decide to compete. You guy throw like a f'n freight train and manage to do so as soon as we stand up. You'll find most people pulling guard with you. Don't let them pull the bitch scoot.

Interesting it was your knee that forced you out of Judo.... most of the guys I know who train Judo and were forced to stop were from shoulder injuries. Apparently, y'all seperate your shoulders quite often. One of my friends just missed making the Olympic team back in the day. I hated being thrown by him when we were drilling.

You can keep training bbing style but honestly you'll want to tailor your training to help your BJJ game and that means ditching the bbing scheme. Also, be sure to work on your mobility and flexibility.
Well I have had 3 shoulder surgeries also and to tell you the truth if the knee would have held up the shoulder would have forced me out eventually. Both injuries were due to getting thrown into randori or free fighting in judo without having all the necessary experience - I sort of just pushed things and paid the price.

I greatly appreciate your advice. That is another huge thing I have seen since stopping judo and gaining this muscle/bulk is losing a great amount of upper body flexibility. You are hitting the issues right on the head with what you are advising.

My whole thing now is being able to make it thru a few practices without the knee reacting in a bad way with swelling - If I can do that I'm good to go.

Last edited:
D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
I was involved in competitive Judo/Juitiisu for almost 30 years. First thing, Never rely upon drugs for your VO2 max! That's just plain lazyness. I use juice for sustained muscle mass. As far as VO2 max, you have to put the time in the cardio PERIOD! I do Aikido due to too many joint injuries on the mat :( That sucks but I can still do hard core Aikido with minimal risk to my knee and shoulder....at least when I compare Aikido to Jujitsu, risk of injury is much less. Anyway, if your trying to increase your VO2 max, the only way is by hard work. HIT training n the weights and lots of cardio. My leg day I hit the true stair mill for 45 minuts on level 14 with a 45lb weight vest. then I hit my legs with 7 sets of heavy squats with reps in the 15-20 range on every set is my goal. My last set I do 4 plates on each side for the range of 15-20 reps, full squats on the smith machine ( I don't need a spotter with the smith machine ). 3 set of hack squats and an few other leg exercises. Anyway I hope ya get my point. High intensity weightlifting with no more than 2 minutes between set and a very difficult cardio exercise program is key to increasing your VO2 max. AAS can help, but never rely upon that....rely upon your own hard work for that ;)

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
Thx for the info 1500. I didn't even think about the cramping issue with anadrol -great info and point!

When you say low dose - can you give me an example when you have a minute? Low dose may mean several different things to different people. Thx again!

TN.

Wow that's awesome dude. You're a purple belt ?!

Need, you're welcome. I'll PM you again as I'm just now reading this after my first PM. It seems we know some of the same people :). All too common in the BJJ world, ha.

Turbo, I'm just finally healing from the "Gauntlet" that I walked through after receiving the 3rd stripe on my Brown Belt. So close but yet sooo far away.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Turbo, I'm just finally healing from the "Gauntlet" that I walked through after receiving the 3rd stripe on my Brown Belt. So close but yet sooo far away.

Wow that's awesome man. I love to watch higher level belts roll. Purple and up. Everything is methodical and controlled.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I have been teaching Jui-jitsu in my little town for 3-4 years now and have been training for over 13. Ive competed a bit and seen what the competition takes. I don't compete anymore due to several factors. As for what I took and what my guys take: Stay far away from drol! The high BP combined with the cramps and massive pumps are exactly what you don't need in BJJ. Test, EQ, anavar are the most popular, some also take winny but only if doing EQ with it because it can be harsh on the joints. GH is a fairly recent addition Ive seen but only in very low doses of 2-3 ius per day. You don't want size if your goal is to compete. Once I went over 200 pounds I stopped competing because it was just too hard for me to make weight. You want lean, and abnormally strong for size.

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
To add to what gunslinger said, you want lean muscle mass. Once I was over 215, I did not have much wind. I would go 2 rounds and be DONE. I dropped 15 lbs and I could roll all day long. Bigger muscles need more O2.....more cardio work OR drop some mucsle mass. @ 215, I have a 6 pack abs so not much fat to loose. Once I dropped down to 200 ish, I had much more wind on the mat.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
To add to what gunslinger said, you want lean muscle mass. Once I was over 215, I did not have much wind. I would go 2 rounds and be DONE. I dropped 15 lbs and I could roll all day long. Bigger muscles need more O2.....more cardio work OR drop some mucsle mass. @ 215, I have a 6 pack abs so not much fat to loose. Once I dropped down to 200 ish, I had much more wind on the mat.

What type of cardio work do you think will carry over ?

Jump rope? Boxng drills? Sprints?

T

TheNeed

Jan 12, 2014
To add to what gunslinger said, you want lean muscle mass. Once I was over 215, I did not have much wind. I would go 2 rounds and be DONE. I dropped 15 lbs and I could roll all day long. Bigger muscles need more O2.....more cardio work OR drop some mucsle mass. 215, I have a 6 pack abs so not much fat to loose. Once I dropped down to 200 ish, I had much more wind on the mat.
Hi DDiggler -
I wasn't asking about hormones to increase VO max rather I was looking for what to take to not negatively affect it and still help recovery with training and weight training. I just jumped right into this class after being on 600 mg tren a and enan (300 mg each) amongst other things for the last 2 months. I agree - nothing replaces hard work. Before I gained this 30-40 pounds and 10 years ago i was great with my wind. If I dump 20 - 25 lbs i'm sure it will help in a huge way. I appreciate the input on getting lighter and leaner. It's exactly what I need to do.

I just started the Jujistu but I've also been considering Aikido due to exactly what you are pointing out - the joint issues.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
What type of cardio work do you think will carry over ?

Jump rope? Boxng drills? Sprints?

Anything that's interval. The best is stadiums. A couple of my friends have won Worlds at brown belt and above performing stadiums, sprints, sled pulls, and other forms of conditioning.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic