Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Blending solid foods into liquid to drink- the pros and cons

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Just carry a gallon jug of 1lb of Kale & 6 cans of low sodium Tuna blended in distilled water with a table spoon or two of Almond Oil. Yum (not).

i need my carbs or i get flat like a 6 year old within hrs. Well have to throw some sweet potato in there but ill lyk how the taste goes lol.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
did half my prep on a no chew diet do to TMJ surgery. I was wired shut for 8 months. anyway it can be done its just a pain in the ass to clean the blender every ****ing 2 hours or find a cooler for your shakes that will fit 5 in it LOL

So you blended foods or did you do powder shakes mixed with solids?

I agree on cleaning the blender. ill usually do 2-3 chicken sweet potato meals at once so I dont have to clean it and store the shakers. After I get used to the taste and cramming larger than normal amnts of food I switch to solids and use this as a trick when my app slows or im not feeling 100%.

I just got to thinking about this topic since I dont enjoy 75% of meals any way lol.

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
Just carry a gallon jug of 1lb of Kale & 6 cans of low sodium Tuna blended in distilled water with a table spoon or two of Almond Oil. Yum (not).

This sounds horrible. I don't think you could pay me to drink this!

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
I have a shitty appetite and have always wondered if I could just blend everything n pound it .., I'm still on the fence..
I wonder how pasta,chicken and veges would taste if I blended them..

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
all my food i made everything into puree. i could not chew so a puree diet was good for me. i did a lot of shakes too
I just got to thinking about this topic since I dont enjoy 75% of meals any way lol.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
I have a shitty appetite and have always wondered if I could just blend everything n pound it .., I'm still on the fence..
I wonder how pasta,chicken and veges would taste if I blended them..

honestly its not as bad as you think. Its down and 30--45 seconds and you dont have to chew, put away dishes, heat things in a pan etc etc

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
So would you say if you had to choose between a scoop of protein powder or a true free range chicken breast for ex, the protein powder is superior? .

Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. And it is not just me 'saying' it. It has been proven countless times in controlled scientific study. Whey protein is a superior protein in the body. It is the most bio-available. It also has tremendous health benefits from it's micro nutrients. Everything from tissue regeneration to anti carcinogenic.

That does not mean you should consume all your protein in this manner. Balance and well rounded nutrition is an important thing to consider. But you will not find a "better" or more "healthy" protein then whey and that is NOT an opinion.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. And it is not just me 'saying' it. It has been proven countless times in controlled scientific study. Whey protein is a superior protein in the body. It is the most bio-available. It also has tremendous health benefits from it's micro nutrients. Everything from tissue regeneration to anti carcinogenic.

That does not mean you should consume all your protein in this manner. Balance and well rounded nutrition is an important thing to consider. But you will not find a "better" or more "healthy" protein then whey and that is NOT an opinion.

I believe that studies may indeed show that whey is a superior protein when compared to chicken. But chicken is not just protein. Just 8oz of chicken breast has something like 40g of protein and 10g of fat. I like the saying that if you "can't pick it, pull it, shoot it, or catch it...dont eat it", crow. I don't always follow it, but I DO believe in its premise.

That said, I am interested to know the overall health benefits of 20g of wpi mixed with 5g of coconut/olive oil blend, and if it closely mirrors the overall health benefits (not just protein synthesis response) of 4oz of chicken.

For me personally, I have always made better gains, looked better, felt better, etc, when I have no shakes in my diet and instead replace those cals with whole food. Still use shakes though for convenience. Damn I'm all over the place, lol.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Crowman:

I think blending the food and chewing it create similar results: a pulverized mash that you can swallow easily. So I say if you decide to eat your food that way for some reason (in this case for health reasons) there should be no difference in your body's reaction to the food whether it is blended or chewed.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
I believe that studies may indeed show that whey is a superior protein when compared to chicken. But chicken is not just protein. Just 8oz of chicken breast has something like 40g of protein and 10g of fat. I like the saying that if you "can't pick it, pull it, shoot it, or catch it...dont eat it", crow. I don't always follow it, but I DO believe in its premise.

That said, I am interested to know the overall health benefits of 20g of wpi mixed with 5g of coconut/olive oil blend, and if it closely mirrors the overall health benefits (not just protein synthesis response) of 4oz of chicken.

For me personally, I have always made better gains, looked better, felt better, etc, when I have no shakes in my diet and instead replace those cals with whole food. Still use shakes though for convenience. Damn I'm all over the place, lol.

i fully agree in how i look/ Much fuller on solid foods than on Whey shakes. However like you said were not always prepared and sometimes thats the next best option. Im going to do some more digging around to see what i can find on a combo of wpi/fat to chicken breast. I doubt ill find much but ill do some digging when i get a sec.

Reactions: SAD
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't see this working at all for someone like me who tends to have a ravenous appetite. Only one way to find out if this works Crow... Get it done! Let me know if your hair starts falling out though :p

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
First I'd like to say protein has never been shown to have adverse effects on kidney function.

But blending food, there is an upside and a downside. Upside, increased nutrient uptake, less for your stomach to break down. Does it really make a difference? The difference will be negligible. It just like the argument of vitamins in capsules or powder, powder is better but will have no existential difference. Downside? I enjoy steak.

Interesting topic though

And this is far from true. Oral bioavailability has nothing to do with superiority. Whey protein would actually be inferior, if it mattered, due to the fact that the protein from chicken contains intact growth factors, whereas most forms of WP do not.

And finally, in the context of a high protein diet, protein is protein. Biological value, which is likely what you are referring to when you say bio-available, is a flawed yardstick of protein's worth as asserted by essentially every figure who knows a damn about nutrition. Amino acid content, the prime determinant of BV, simply does not matter when an individual is taking in at least 1g protein per pound of bodyweight with an inanely large amino acid pool. Soy/Casein/Chicken/Tuna/Etc effects on muscle building will echo whey's in basically perfect parallel, especially when accounting for consumption of other complete protein sources and the post-absorptive overlap that occurs across meals over the course of a day. With the amino acid pool being more than sufficient to facilitate the elevation in muscle protein synthesis in the (up to) 36-48 hours following a weight training bout, the need to differentiate between protein sources is moot (this includes even non-essential vs essential amino acids, unless megadosing)

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic