Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What is this strangely strong pump on blood in my veins during exercise.

ChargerWolf

ChargerWolf

Jan 22, 2024
I started to notice when I do specific exercises, like Drag Curls and Shoulder Presses, around the seventh or eighth rep a strangely strong pump of blood flows through one specific vein every rep as I go down for the movement. Even though I know it's blood flow it feels almost like it's twitching. I'm just wondering if it's something I should be concerned with and if possible I would like to stop because it's very annoying and breaking the focus of maintaining my form.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Never heard anyone say they wanted their pump to go away unless it was lower back or forearm pumps from AAS. Pump requires carbohydrates, sodium and water. Cut back on any of those and the pump is reduced or goes away.

ChargerWolf

ChargerWolf

Jan 22, 2024
Never heard anyone say they wanted their pump to go away unless it was lower back or forearm pumps from AAS. Pump requires carbohydrates, sodium and water. Cut back on any of those and the pump is reduced or goes away.
Oh that's what bodybuilders mean by "there pump"? Well, It feels good and I know it's something people look for, It's just a tad distracting. If it's something that's normal then I'll just try to deal with it, especially because I need the carbs to bulk and I can't cut on drinking water since I'm on Creatine.

ChargerWolf

ChargerWolf

Jan 22, 2024
Well hold on, please correct me if I misunderstood your comment, but I looked up specifically what the term "a pump" means when weightlifting. I'm not talking about the feeling you get after weightlifting they described as muscles feeling tight and expanded, I seem to get the sensation nearly no matter what. It just seems like for some strange reason, pump or not, my veins twitch or somthin during certain excircises.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
You're about to go super saiyan or convert to pure energy. I've read about this on reddit.
beef, are you just "toying" with Charger, or have you seen any Saiyans recently? I played High School ball with a few, but it's been years.

Charger, sounds like what you're feeling is about nerves + muscles, not veins. Do you get this with other exercises or just some specific ones?

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
beef, are you just "toying" with Charger, or have you seen any Saiyans recently? I played High School ball with a few, but it's been years.

Charger, sounds like what you're feeling is about nerves + muscles, not veins. Do you get this with other exercises or just some specific ones?

Well last I knew their whole planet was destroyed. Are there any left?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
There is no Fight Game.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Well hold on, please correct me if I misunderstood your comment, but I looked up specifically what the term "a pump" means when weightlifting. I'm not talking about the feeling you get after weightlifting they described as muscles feeling tight and expanded, I seem to get the sensation nearly no matter what. It just seems like for some strange reason, pump or not, my veins twitch or somthin during certain excircises.
It is a neuro response to the movement. If it bothers you that much, don't do those exercises.

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
I agree with raw and GF, it sounds more like a nerve issue.
I have problems with my ulnar nerve and get a wide range of feelings. Most often it’s numbness in my fingers, but when it first started, it felt like pressure/squeezing in my elbow and burning in my hands.

Your elbow/shoulder position during those exercises could be it.

I would only think it was a vascular thing if the pump sensation matched your pulse rate. Do a single arm rep and check your wrist pulse with your free hand To see if it syncs.

in the meantime, I’d avoid that movement until you figure it out. Nerve damage can be a bitch and permanent

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014

I think Charger is toying with the Den.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic