Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What is the Best protein

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I think the brand you buy is important... please correct me if I'm wrong but with these US produced brands the FDA does not test them before they're allowed on sale because its not a food. My thoughts were that the FDA must test food products before they hit the shelves but as these are being sold as supplements they escape that and they are allowed to be sold to be public with only 'internal' testing and then the FDA tests the products if and when it wants too (possibly years down the track). Which would mean really, you trust the company that they are putting in what they say they are and there have been plenty of supplement companies that have been brought undone by shady dealings. I'd like to be corrected that's just how I thought the US system worked for supplements. The Aus system is different in that they have to be tested prior to going on the shelves, so companies like Max's protein that are Australian based have to pretty much be true to label (and are slightly more expencive).

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I just go straight to the source and buy 100% whey isolate. (Cold processed and micro filtered). I have tried to buy it in 50kg orders but have had a tough time finding a distributor that will sell direct to a consumer.

I ended up finding NOW sells it. Ingredients....just 1. Pure isolate. (and good quality one). Cant beat it. I buy it in 10lb bags for about $100. When you look the actual servings. (162 servings!)...it actually ends up being about the cheapest protein too. Not bad.....for the best protein money can buy.

I sometimes mix this 1/2 and 1/2 with flavored ones just for the flavoring. Or I use my own flavorings.

510DJKT17NL._SX300_.jpg

f_Untitledm_7030929.png

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Ultra, super, mega advanced, optimum uptake, intra workout, dessicated liver tablet aminos.:athrashi:

Man back in the 70s it used to be raw eggs and dessicated liver tabs by the handful.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Mac, trueprotein will sell you as much as you want. Don't know how the price compares as I buy in much smaller quantities

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
best protein is egg white.. no supplement could ever compare.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Lots of great input guys, thank you.

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
I use what ever is cheap as long as the quality is descent. For a while I was using protizime which is fantastic protein powder, but it does get pricy. I use ons gold standard or protizime for the most part. I can get them for about $45 for ons or $60 for the protizime. When I get real cheap I get the big bag of eas for $35

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I really like Met Rx but its a lil too pricey for me at times.

I read an article a few years back saying there was only about 2-3 protein manufacturers/producers in the U.S.? Wish I could find that article. Anyways I think its all the same imo, companies just label different shit and change the flavors.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
best protein is egg white.. no supplement could ever compare.

Well thats never true.

A whey/casein 50/50 blend has been shown to be ideal time and time again. I can post dozens upon dozens of studies.

And there are differences between protein companies, there some companies whose protein powder I wouldnt use for free.

Last edited:
Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Well thats never true.

A whey/casein 50/50 blend has been shown to be ideal time and time again. I can post dozens upon dozens of studies.

And there are differences between protein companies, there some companies whose protein powder I wouldnt use for free.

I concur, some are even laden with heavy metals etc........wtf

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I use whatever is all natural and doesn't have any garbage in the product. I will have to look into the Now and ALLmax one.

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
Before bedtime I like Beverly International UMP or ON Gold Standard Casein.

After workouts Beverly International MP.

mands

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic