Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What do you do for your shoulders

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Shoulders has always been my favorite bp to work. I do lots of volume. BB Shoulder Presses, DB SPs, Arnolds, Smith Presses, Laterals (front and side), just about any machine made for shoulders.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Mainly heavy seated overhead presses to the front. Anywhere from 6-9 sets total. Either all barbell, or mostly barbell with 2-3 sets of db and / or machine presses thrown in at the end of the workout.

After the bb presses, I next do 3 sets of heavy bentover chest-supported db laterals. Doing them standing while leaning over a support that you rest your chest on will allow for heavier weights and better isolation of the rear delt / upper back / trap area. The lower back, abs, etc are largely taken out of the movement this way.

Next are 3-4 sets of db laterals, 8-15 reps.

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
Mainly heavy seated overhead presses to the front. Anywhere from 6-9 sets total. Either all barbell, or mostly barbell with 2-3 sets of db and / or machine presses thrown in at the end of the workout.

After the bb presses, I next do 3 sets of heavy bentover chest-supported db laterals. Doing them standing while leaning over a support that you rest your chest on will allow for heavier weights and better isolation of the rear delt / upper back / trap area. The lower back, abs, etc are largely taken out of the movement this way.

Next are 3-4 sets of db laterals, 8-15 reps.
When you say chest supported, would you recommend laying face down on a db incline bench or bend over with your head resting on the back of a chair

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
Push Press, Z-Press, Bradford Press, 1-Arm DB Press, etc......

sorry for being shit. But what's a Bradford press. If you know the place Bradford in England then you could think of a 1000 jokes!!

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
When you say chest supported, would you recommend laying face down on a db incline bench or bend over with your head resting on the back of a chair

Standing up in the piece of equipment, leaned over with the chest resting on the pad. There's a place in front below to rest the 'bells. I do 8-12 reps per set of these. I'll try to snap a pic or find one online when I have more time.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
sorry for being shit. But what's a Bradford press. If you know the place Bradford in England then you could think of a 1000 jokes!!

Bradford Press is an Oly lifting assisting lift. It's a standing ohp with a bar where you press it in front of your head and than behind the head for 1 rep. You don't lock out the press and you don't use heavy weight.

Here's a vid....

You could also perform a Sotts Press or a Klokov Press. Both of these are also Oly assisting lifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
Bradford Press is an Oly lifting assisting lift. It's a standing ohp with a bar where you press it in front of your head and than behind the head for 1 rep. You don't lock out the press and you don't use heavy weight.

Here's a vid....

You could also perform a Sotts Press or a Klokov Press. Both of these are also Oly assisting lifts.

That's brilliant thanks mate ill defo try them next time and I'll let you know how I get on. Have a good weekend bro

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic