Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What do you do for your shoulders

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Believe it or not, heavy sets of bench press will target the shoulders and build them also.

Bench, over head press like IS suggested, those target the shoulders big time.

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
The trick here is going to be finding what makes YOU grow and be consistent with it. There's plenty of ways muscle can grow, but which will your shoulders respond to best? My advice is to try different methods for about 4-6 weeks at a time.

Agree !!! Pick a solid shoulder routine and run it for a few weeks , see if that doesn't help u figure out what works and what doesn't work for u !!!

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
It sounds like you have all the major players. Arnolds are definitely a great one. My advice for shoulders is don't go heavy. Yep... don't. My shoulders respond much better to intensifiers such as super sets or drop sets. Make them burn. Make them hurt so bad that the weight of your arms alone makes you want to cry. Then when it burns so bad you cant stand it, get mad and keep going.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I like what everybody said and GiantSlayer is right about to beware of heavy weights on shoulders. They are easy to hurt and long and hard to repair. Bad to hurt them because they impact so many other lifts. Go with a good working weight and FRY the HELL out of THEM!
Great Question!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
If you are after mass I would suggest standing military presses, you can use more weight while standing and and the push press is a awesome mass builder. When I was bodybuilding I ran the rack with laterals, bent over laterals, and ohp's, had decent size and that round look about them. Whatever you are after, size, shape or both, try to always do something for the rear heads! they can be very stubborn but neglecting them will make your delts appear smaller and can affect benching, lat work, symmetry and weak rear delts can make you prone to injury.

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
Heavy push presses have made my shoulders huge this past year. Also side laterals with relatively light weight for high reps and Dumbbell military presses, neutral grip, for high reps and many sets have helped.

When you say high reps are you talking 12/15 or more. Thanks for the reply

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
It sounds like you have all the major players. Arnolds are definitely a great one. My advice for shoulders is don't go heavy. Yep... don't. My shoulders respond much better to intensifiers such as super sets or drop sets. Make them burn. Make them hurt so bad that the weight of your arms alone makes you want to cry. Then when it burns so bad you cant stand it, get mad and keep going.
Haha excellent. I did that today. Did drops on lateral and fronts. Hurt really bad,so much when I got changed I had to trap my tshirt in my locker cos I couldn't take it off!! Great replay thanks mate

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
If you are after mass I would suggest standing military presses, you can use more weight while standing and and the push press is a awesome mass builder. When I was bodybuilding I ran the rack with laterals, bent over laterals, and ohp's, had decent size and that round look about them. Whatever you are after, size, shape or both, try to always do something for the rear heads! they can be very stubborn but neglecting them will make your delts appear smaller and can affect benching, lat work, symmetry and weak rear delts can make you prone to injury.

Thanks for that. Yeah i do bent over rear raises for my rear delts. Can't really use the rear delt machine feels too uncomfortable

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
shoulders traps are some of my favorite days..I try to use everything the gym has i feel is effective.Try doing 100 side lat raises that will have u burning

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
When you say high reps are you talking 12/15 or more. Thanks for the reply

High reps vary, from as few as 10 to as many as 20 or occasional complete failure (i.e. however many I can get without compromising form too much).

J

Jacko0510

Jul 12, 2014
shoulders traps are some of my favorite days..I try to use everything the gym has i feel is effective.Try doing 100 side lat raises that will have u burning
100?? Shit, for me to get a 100 I'd have to use a chicken drumstick mate. But thanks for that

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Push Press, Z-Press, Bradford Press, 1-Arm DB Press, etc......

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic