Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Upcoming powerlifting meet anxiety

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I just figured I drop my favorite quote of all time in here to put the meet in perspective for you:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I just figured I drop my favorite quote of all time in here to put the meet in perspective for you:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

That's is pretty incredible! Great post!

https://www.theironden.com/review-ipf-powerlifting-federation/

Last edited by a moderator:
any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
UPC...you'll do fine. We've all had thoughts like this from time to time. Relax..train and visualize each lift. Complete it over and over again. In your mind hearing your name called. Your approach to the bar. Your setup. Concentrate on breathing. See yourself winding your muscles up like a spring. Keeping an eye on your form as you begin your lift..that spring getting tighter...until it's tight..ready to pop. You wait for the command and lift. All that energy built up...exploding as you lift..form tight...mind sharp. See yourself making each lift.

Do this each time you start to feel anxious. Breath through it..deep cleansing breaths.

Just remember this..in PLing..there is no failure. Only opportunities to further grow your knowledge and confidence. You're competing against yourself..and learning from each experience by doing and observing.

I have a feeling you'll do well my friend. Stay positive and keep your mind in the lifts.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic