jacobss
What's New?

To reduce bulky calf

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
This thread should be "my body is lagging except my calfs"

jk Louis :) but ya sport them thangs with pride!

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Son...we are going to need pics of these 'bulky' calves.

And just how big are they? Mine are 18.5" and I would never say they are too big. They are in proportion to my neck and my upper arms.

So how big are your calves, your neck, and your arms?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I'll play this game.

Took this pic from a video, I'm working the mono lift. Not flexed, no calf pump, just a rather symetrical angle. I'm 224lbs and my calves are in the 17.5" range, haven't measured in over a year or so....and certainly not unproportionate. To the OP, What are you rocking bro, 24 inchers?

uhccalves.jpg
Son...we are going to need pics of these 'bulky' calves.

And just how big are they? Mine are 18.5" and I would never say they are too big. They are in proportion to my neck and my upper arms.

So how big are your calves, your neck, and your arms?

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I'll play this game.

Took this pic from a video, I'm working the mono lift. Not flexed, no calf pump, just a rather symetrical angle. I'm 224lbs and my calves are in the 17.5" range, haven't measured in over a year or so....and certainly not unproportionate. To the OP, What are you rocking bro, 24 inchers?

View attachment 6336

That ass tho

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I'll play this game.

View attachment 6336

damn uhc those are some beefy looking calfs right there... You doing direct work on them? I should already know that but I kinda skim threw the logs and not pay attention so much to the isolation stuff but that's some good work there poypye!!!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
damn uhc those are some beefy looking calfs right there... You doing direct work on them? I should already know that but I kinda skim threw the logs and not pay attention so much to the isolation stuff but that's some good work there poypye!!!

Never. Haven't done a calf raise in about 2 years....genetics, hockey and running when I was younger played an integral role. I never thought to look at them before until this thread popped up.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Louis there is a condition that can cause the calves to be over sized, but not necessarily with muscle, it can be a combination of fat and muscle.

Can you post a photo ?

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Ya I was thinking that also turbo, I worked with a guy that had kidney issues, I didn't know it at the time but I noticed his legs and asked him about it I honestly thought he just had strong ass legs I felt bad when he told me he held a lot of water in his legs due to his condition...

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
fffuuu 15.5" here and they look even skinnier next to my 24"+ quads/hams.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
to the OP... CTJ just reminded me... CROSSFIT!!!!... Crossfit will solve your problems... if there is ever anything manly about you... do crossfit... you will be gay and feminine in no time!!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic