Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

The Pump. Your tricks?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I have tried slin in this manor twice. First time the idea was to do my workout, pin in my car while I drink my dex, then return to the gym to get a pump. I wound up going hypo in the parking lot. The second time the idea was to pin preworkout then drink my dex while I workout. That worked pretty well for about an hour when my dex shake ran out and I had to stumble to my car eyes half closed to get cash for a Gatorade. I'm a bit turned off by the whole idea at this point.... But it did work quite well.

novolog kicks my ass

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I don't really actively seek the pump, but it usually comes as a result of doing a few high-rep sets of 12-15 reps during the course of the workout, keeping the focus of the workout on one bodypart (or 2 bodyparts close to one another like bis & tris or calves & hams), and training at a pretty quick pace overall. I almost always get done within an hour, and some of the lighter, quicker workouts take barely a half hour.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I have tried slin in this manor twice. First time the idea was to do my workout, pin in my car while I drink my dex, then return to the gym to get a pump. I wound up going hypo in the parking lot. The second time the idea was to pin preworkout then drink my dex while I workout. That worked pretty well for about an hour when my dex shake ran out and I had to stumble to my car eyes half closed to get cash for a Gatorade. I'm a bit turned off by the whole idea at this point.... But it did work quite well.

novolog kicks my ass
damn bro be careful. I have not yet, or probaly never will, try slin for those reasons.

Z

zedhed

Oct 4, 2010
Has anybody or is it even possible to loose fat on slin? I know it can put fat on if you arent careful.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Has anybody or is it even possible to loose fat on slin? I know it can put fat on if you arent careful.

If you eat zero carbs all day then your only carbs are in your post dex shake, you can lose fat.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
My chest has never felt bigger than from doing 5 sets of max effort
push ups with a 45lb plate on my back. 75 reps later and my chest
was so freaking swole...it felt awesome.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
My chest has never felt bigger than from doing 5 sets of max effort
push ups with a 45lb plate on my back. 75 reps later and my chest
was so freaking swole...it felt awesome.

No lie here, this will definitely pump you up! Even those tabata push-ups will blow the chest up. Push-ups are a great exercise that isn't given enough credit for.

Z

zedhed

Oct 4, 2010
Ok I train alone so how do I get a 45 Lb plate on my back? Or what else can I use. Very money tight.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Ok I train alone so how do I get a 45 Lb plate on my back? Or what else can I use. Very money tight.

Start on your knees and with both hands swing the plate around/over your head and place it high on your back.
Go down with one hand while holding until you get far enough that you don't have to hold
it with the other hand. Lay on the floor. It should be in place. Start pressing!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic