Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Sub Q Micro Dosing

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Wasn't Dr. Crisler advocating Sub-Q administration of oil based test for TRT before he passed? What was the rationale? Does it somehow increase free T in the bloodstream? I don't really see the point otherwise. IM works just fine and test never gives me problems.
reduced e conversion, more DHT, slower release.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
SubQ with oils is very individual. I can do it and get no real bruising. Other people can't get away with it at all

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Wasn't Dr. Crisler advocating Sub-Q administration of oil based test for TRT before he passed? What was the rationale? Does it somehow increase free T in the bloodstream? I don't really see the point otherwise. IM works just fine and test never gives me problems.
There was a paper that showed levels were incredibly stable and adherence for at home injections was much higher.

I do it for my trt occasionally too give my injection sites a break, usually leading up to and after a blast.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Been doing the same thing for years. I had to stop the test cyp because I think it was causing high HCT and E2. Switched to test U every 5 days. I get a bruise once in a while but it is rare.
Never mind, I see you answered my question above.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I Do not think there is much diff between the two. IM and sub Q both are diffused into the blood stream via capillaries. It might take a bit longer for sub Q to reach full concentration due to less capillaries between the skin and muscle in the fatty layer. But it would make no difference to serum levels in the user over a cycle or TRT I do not think.

If I recall, the reason he liked it was less scar tissue in the muscle. I did weekly IM glute shots for TRT for many many years. It was like pushing a needle through beef jerky back there.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
He outlined it for many years on his hrt board and in the video above. I felt about 50% better on the microdoses than on traditional HRT. I don't have blood work to prove it but he noted more stable levels on lower doses reduced estrogen and HCT. Although my hematocrit never changed much off or on.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
Once my trt company went out of business a looong time ago i switched to sub q… only ever did or got an IM shot if the nurse was administering it or my urologist… always sub q… some do 10 mlg per day as Emeric over on pro m has shown to be great but honestly i did 1-3 shots per week and i was g2g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

massimo1

massimo1

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2022
I've been doing it about 3 months now. Before, when I was doing IM once a week, my doc had me get a blood test at the end of a week and my T was pretty low, as expected. On sub-q 3 x per week, I recently took a random test - e.g. mid-week, and I had high-normal range T. Seems to be the way to go. I have to be careful to inject just under the skin or else I develop knots that takes weeks to dissolve.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I wanted to switch things up a while back, and i started hitting the delts with a slin .01 ml / 20 mg daily and I've never felt better. Funny thing is it comes to less test being injected weekly (140mg as opposed to 200mg) as I've always done my TRT 1 shot once a week in the glutes prior. Had my bloods done recently and my Hematocrit lowered to 49 and my free test lowered 19.9, and total test increased 963. I was a little worried going in for my follow up at 963. But he didn't say much, just that it was a tad high. They want everyone in the damn 500-600 range. When i was doing weekly inj i would skip 2 shots before going for my labs. But wasn't sure how I should gauge it doing the daily dose, so I can come in at the range they prefer. Next time I'll switch things up a little bit to drop my total T for the labs. Hate having to play that game but it's not an argument I'm going to win with the doc, so I'd rather just come in lower and keep the test flowing from CVS.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I have found that shallow IM with the 27g x 5/8 works well. The Mrs gives it in the upper glute bc I can't reach it anymore. She does hers in the same place. Used to do sc abs but there was swelling under the skin and some bruising. As Dr Eric Serrano once told me, as long as you stick with the same protocol consistently, don't worry about blood levels it will work out. The TU would produce higher T levels at steady state, but less spikes following an inj, thus less erythrocytosis peak E2 and DHT. I met with an orthopedic surgeon yesterday (need an rTSA on my left) but we ended up on the topic of HRT, he uses TC 100 mg/5days. His HCT is about 55%, has no issues been there for years. He's 63. So much of this is individual, you have to do what works for you. Switch up, journal everything and then decide if it works for you.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I wanted to switch things up a while back, and i started hitting the delts with a slin .01 ml / 20 mg daily and I've never felt better. Funny thing is it comes to less test being injected weekly (140mg as opposed to 200mg) as I've always done my TRT 1 shot once a week in the glutes prior. Had my bloods done recently and my Hematocrit lowered to 49 and my free test lowered 19.9, and total test increased 963. I was a little worried going in for my follow up at 963. But he didn't say much, just that it was a tad high. They want everyone in the damn 500-600 range. When i was doing weekly inj i would skip 2 shots before going for my labs. But wasn't sure how I should gauge it doing the daily dose, so I can come in at the range they prefer. Next time I'll switch things up a little bit to drop my total T for the labs. Hate having to play that game but it's not an argument I'm going to win with the doc, so I'd rather just come in lower and keep the test flowing from CVS.
You have to plan out a protocol and then test it with outside labs. Two of the women I train switch to Mast for a couple weeks as that doesn't not cross react with the standard T and fT assays and come in where their docs want them for T levels, but everyone metabolizes differently, so it has to be tested and timed out for the individual. As we've discussed in other posts, nandrolone will cross react with the standard but not LC/MS-MS assay, but the free T generally uses the standard assay, thus you'll come in low T on the LC/MS and high on free. Have to get both in line to keep the docs happy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic