Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Sub Q Micro Dosing

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I've been on Dr Prescribed trt for probably 7-8 years now.

Last week I decided to try sub Q pinning a daily micro dose because I've heard a lot of good things about it. I've been pinning .1 ml / 20 mg daily. I've done sub Q pins of everything from gh to HCG, peptides - all the run of the mill sub Q stuff.

I'm getting a lot of bruising in my stomach from the sub Q test pins. Anyone else have this issue? I'm using a 1/2" 29GA slin pin, and its HG test cyp from the pharmacy.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Stomach is the absolute worst place for me for subq oils. I used mostly inner thighs, but even then, I still got the occasional lump and after ten years of it switched to IM.

1/2" seems pretty deep for subq, though.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I recently tried to sub-q some sustanon, as the PIP IM was the worst I ever felt from test. The IM injections were almost as bad as guaiacol. When I pinned it sub-q, it was dark purple within a day and even had a little skin peel off. It has been 4 weeks since that sub-q shot and it is still purple.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I would up the dose and avoid the stomach for injecting oils.

What is the weekly dose for TRT? Take that dose and divide by 7 and that will be the daily dose.....

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I've been on Dr Prescribed trt for probably 7-8 years now.

Last week I decided to try sub Q pinning a daily micro dose because I've heard a lot of good things about it. I've been pinning .1 ml / 20 mg daily. I've done sub Q pins of everything from gh to HCG, peptides - all the run of the mill sub Q stuff.

I'm getting a lot of bruising in my stomach from the sub Q test pins. Anyone else have this issue? I'm using a 1/2" 29GA slin pin, and its HG test cyp from the pharmacy.
Been doing the same thing for years. I had to stop the test cyp because I think it was causing high HCT and E2. Switched to test U every 5 days. I get a bruise once in a while but it is rare.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Wasn't Dr. Crisler advocating Sub-Q administration of oil based test for TRT before he passed? What was the rationale? Does it somehow increase free T in the bloodstream? I don't really see the point otherwise. IM works just fine and test never gives me problems.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I would up the dose and avoid the stomach for injecting oils.

What is the weekly dose for TRT? Take that dose and divide by 7 and that will be the daily dose.....

Yeah thats what I'm doing. It works out to 140mg/week.

Wasn't Dr. Crisler advocating Sub-Q administration of oil based test for TRT before he passed? What was the rationale? Does it somehow increase free T in the bloodstream? I don't really see the point otherwise. IM works just fine and test never gives me problems.

Yeah Crisler was all about it, and I've heard seen a few threads with some people on here trying it. Then I saw a Chris Duffin video on it. I figured I'd give it a try to see if I liked it.

It's only one purple shot. Rest haven't been bad. I will probably give it a month to really see if it's worth is vs the good ol' fashioned way. I'm really just experimenting with it.

It's supposed to give you steadier levels, possible increase in free T and less E2, HCT and other possible side effects...in theory.

NuSciencePeptides

NuSciencePeptides

Aug 9, 2023
Been doing the same thing for years. I had to stop the test cyp because I think it was causing high HCT and E2. Switched to test U every 5 days. I get a bruise once in a while but it is rare.
Clarify please.....sub-q?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Clarify please.....sub-q?
I use a 31g 1cc 5/16 insulin syringe and inject 55mg of test u just under the skin (sub-q). I don't know how many years I have been doing this but maybe around 10 years. Works very well for me. I stopped the testy cyp for 3 weeks and started the tu. It has taken a few on this but my serum testosterone levels are pretty constantly around 800. Going every 5 days the peaks and troughs are very small. With the TU they are even smaller. Why did I switch? After several decades of doing IM injections, I gradually developed hard places in the glutes that I was unable to inject in despite rotating injection sites. Hell, even 27g 1.5" needles were bending. So I dreaded ever having to do an IM injection again and made the switch.

I was not even sure what dose to use and my doctor does not even know I am using TU as he prescribed my test cyp. So with the TU I took to old recommended IM doses of 1000 mg every 90 days........1000mg/90d=11.11mg/d and then multiplied that by every 5 days and got 55mg/5days for my dose. My E2 came down from 68 to 28 and my HCT came down from 58 to 49 switching from 40mg of test cyp every 5 days to 55mg of TU every 5 days. So for me the switch was much more convenient and more tolerable. I got completely burned out of doing IM injections after over 40 years of doing this crap. Plus, having osteoarthritis in both should I can't reach behind my self to even give an IM injection any longer.

I do all of my injections in the abs and never have knots, pain and maybe once every year have a bruise. I warm up the oil just slightly so it is easy to draw up and easy to inject.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic