Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Student puts teacher into check.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Reminds me when I debated my 8th grade history teacher about Europe and Asia.

Slic.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Reminds me when I debated my 8th grade history teacher about Europe and Asia.

Slic.
You have no idea how many teachers lectured me about teaching me a lesson on life while they had never spent any portion of their life outside of the school system.

I dropped out got my GED and got in construction. Don't regret it one bit. The school system is about going through the motions. It's not about teaching anyone anything.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The school system is seriously broken.

In school I would regularly correct teachers who were teaching incorrect things. If you can't pass an in depth test on the subject you are teaching you don't belong teaching.

Teaching should be more than a fallback career for failures.

Those who can, do. Those who cant, teach.

T

thegreat

May 9, 2013
Lulz were had, very nice post. An all time classic

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Like in all facets of life there are people in all sorts of profession that are good and motivated in there selected jobs and some that are not.

Popeye50

Popeye50

Nov 5, 2012
You have no idea how many teachers lectured me about teaching me a lesson on life while they had never spent any portion of their life outside of the school system.

I dropped out got my GED and got in construction. Don't regret it one bit. The school system is about going through the motions. It's not about teaching anyone anything.
Exactly this^^

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
he spoke the truth. Some/most k-12 teachers who are middle aged or over don't give a shit. They got their tenure and just do bare minimum.

This^^ Tenure is bullshit. SOME teachers are total dbags and do nothing but try indoctrinate with their old pathetic hippy bullshit from the 60's. Some just give up because PARENTS are assholes and don't back the teacher when their 'angel child' fails or gets into trouble. Education needs to go back to the local level, abolish the NEA, ban the teachers unions from involvement with education curriculum and policies (just teach asshole) get Washington out of the educational system. That and start woopin your kids ass like we used to get wooped for even gettin a phone call from the school

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
All for change... Starting with pulling unions out of schools. Then get rid of the crappy teachers. Some of the districts with the highest per student expenditures, have the poorest results. Money isn't the solution to this problem. Standards are. Yet we keep lowering them.

And what makes me sick is that education is the key. Its the key to substance abuse, the key to crime, the key to almost anything. And we allow ourselves to be held hostage by teachers unions.

There aren't unions down here in the south and the problems are still down here. The problems down here are that teachers don't get raises period, they have no authority to do an thing (can't even fail a student), and they have to answer to the parents instead of how it should be.

They need to take things back to the way it was 30 yrs ago when a student was paddled by the principal, where students could be failed when they didn't perform in the class as they should, when parents had to respect teachers and had to answer to them.

Our schools are spiraling downhill and it's not getting any better. I've seen it for decades since my mother was a teacher in the public school system. She taught for over 30yrs. She also taught the same way in the end as she did in the beginning so the students who got her may have hated her in the beginning but they would always come back years later thanking her for actually teaching them and making them work.

One more thing, they need to FIRE ALL the administators b/c they're not worth a shit down here.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011

Same here. Dropped out the beginning of my Senior year and got m GED. I can honestly say I didn't learn shit in highschool. No regrets about it since I went into the Marines soon after.

A

amore169

Sep 8, 2012
I do homework with my daughter every day at least 30 min. She's in 3rd grade, the only thing she gets for homework is true or false questions that I need to explain her how to solve them cause the teacher only gives them for homework without even explaining her how to do them. It's a real problem with some of this teachers that there just to collect a paycheck.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic