Latest Member
musclemanzello
What's New?

Student puts teacher into check.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
This is such a shitty situation. YOu have kids who don't care, growing up in the inner city with parents who don't care, and then the teachers stop giving a shit, and then there is no hope at all.

Honestly? THis is what happens when you make education a public thing and force kids to attend. THe parents think it's daycare, and the kids think it's just a waste of time etc. THis system doesn't work in the inner city.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I would have choked that kid out. You don't do that shit in the classroom. Take it to the school committee.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
and why don't you do that in a classroom POB? Whats wrong with calling a teacher out on being useless.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I would have choked that kid out. You don't do that shit in the classroom. Take it to the school committee.

Have you ever had a major problem in school before and took it to the administration before? EVen in a good school, a student's word doesn't mean jack. I was in a really bad situation in high school. Went to a couple teachers about it, the principle, etc, and no one gave a shit.

These kids don't have a voice, trust me. This is the only way they know of to be heard...talk louder.

In a situation where things work the way they should, I completely agree with you. There are more respectful ways to handle it. Unfortunately, that's not the case anymore.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I"m not saying he handled it in the best manner, but by the way the teacher was reacting to it that she doesnt give a shit. At least this kid as the passion and desire to learn, unlike a lot of these waste of space kids that walk around today and act self entitled.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
he spoke the truth. Some/most k-12 teachers who are middle aged or over don't give a shit. They got their tenure and just do bare minimum.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
and why don't you do that in a classroom POB? Whats wrong with calling a teacher out on being useless.

Because he's a pencil necked little brat who doesn't necessarily know better. We have a system for addressing things. Like school committees and school administrators. Got beef? Take it up with them. If that fails, then go ahead and raise hell.

I've formed this opinion based on that kid being a version of myself. I used to pull the same shit. I had A.D.D. So they stuck me in classes with retards even though my IQ tested above average. Basically I was bored so I did shit like this to entertain myself and piss off the people that stuck me in this boring hole. Wasn't until 7th grade that I finally said to a guidance councilor that I was bored as hell reading cat in the hat.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I've formed this opinion based on that kid being a version of myself. I used to pull the same shit. I had A.D.D. So they stuck me in classes with retards even though my IQ tested above average. Basically I was bored so I did shit like this to entertain myself and piss off the people that stuck me in this boring hole. Wasn't until 7th grade that I finally said to a guidance councilor that I was bored as hell reading cat in the hat.

I was the exact same with the exact same scenario, its cool how we can have completely different opinions on it even though being treated the same. Respect for you on that.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Because he's a pencil necked little brat who doesn't necessarily know better. We have a system for addressing things. Like school committees and school administrators. Got beef? Take it up with them. If that fails, then go ahead and raise hell.

Ugh, thats sucks man. Speaking of which, There is a pediatric doc here locally that my wife talks about all of the time. She treats almost every kid she comes across with psych meds and stimulants. She had a damn 6 year old the other day as a patient that had Tardive dyskinesia. This is developed from long term and heavy use of psych meds, and you usually only see it in severely demented elderly, from years and years of heavy medication. She was absolutely heart broken.

I digress. We can certainly agree that many kids end up getting directed the wrong way though. We need a sweeping change to public schools, for sure.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ugh, thats sucks man. Speaking of which, There is a pediatric doc here locally that my wife talks about all of the time. She treats almost every kid she comes across with psych meds and stimulants. She had a damn 6 year old the other day as a patient that had Tardive dyskinesia. This is developed from long term and heavy use of psych meds, and you usually only see it in severely demented elderly, from years and years of heavy medication. She was absolutely heart broken.

I digress. We can certainly agree that many kids end up getting directed the wrong way though. We need a sweeping change to public schools, for sure.

All for change... Starting with pulling unions out of schools. Then get rid of the crappy teachers. Some of the districts with the highest per student expenditures, have the poorest results. Money isn't the solution to this problem. Standards are. Yet we keep lowering them.

And what makes me sick is that education is the key. Its the key to substance abuse, the key to crime, the key to almost anything. And we allow ourselves to be held hostage by teachers unions.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
The school system is seriously broken.

In school I would regularly correct teachers who were teaching incorrect things. If you can't pass an in depth test on the subject you are teaching you don't belong teaching.

Teaching should be more than a fallback career for failures.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic