Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Speciliazed Strength Training (SST)

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I don't think I'd like to use carpet but I'm going to check out and see if they have high density mats at Lowes today after work. I like the idea of building a very low block to. I have time today so I'll check somethings out and come up with an idea.

The carpet can be sketchy I had to glue them together but it gave me a few inches with no cost and they were easy to carry to the gym. A low box is really the easiest most realible solution that I've come across.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
BI hit an agri store. Places that sell horse stuff. Get the flooring they use for horse stalls.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Interested to see what you come up with, sounds like you have some good ideas BI.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
BI hit an agri store. Places that sell horse stuff. Get the flooring they use for horse stalls.

I found a tractor supply. They have a 4'x6' and 3/4" thick mat for $40 bucks. It weights 100lbs so it's pretty high density I'd wager. I could cut it into 2 2'x3' rectangles and stack them and use it for my deficit pulls. I think I'd need more than 2 for my blocks so it'd be cheaper to build those. I have to measure the size of the blocks I'll need. I actually need to build those this weekend which won't be easy since I'm going to a college football game on Sat.

I'm going to Lowes in a bit to see what they have in their flooring section.

I also need to stop by my old gym and check it out now that they've moved since I may be training there in the near future. If nothing else I'd definitely bench their since they have a forza comp bench.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I found a tractor supply. They have a 4'x6' and 3/4" thick mat for $40 bucks. It weights 100lbs so it's pretty high density I'd wager. I could cut it into 2 2'x3' rectangles and stack them and use it for my deficit pulls. I think I'd need more than 2 for my blocks so it'd be cheaper to build those. I have to measure the size of the blocks I'll need. I actually need to build those this weekend which won't be easy since I'm going to a college football game on Sat.

I'm going to Lowes in a bit to see what they have in their flooring section.

I also need to stop by my old gym and check it out now that they've moved since I may be training there in the near future. If nothing else I'd definitely bench their since they have a forza comp bench.

UGA???? Go Dawgs!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Sept 26, 13 ~ Bench Day

POB's suggestion about using the bands on the bench is working great. It allows me to hold my arch when benching. I also checked out my old spot 2yrs ago and it was interesting to see it in it's new location. They still have the forza comp bench and squat rack so I may start training there very soon.

WAVE 1 WEEK 2
BENCH DAY

• Flat Bench~ 235lbsX5, 255lbsX5, 285lbsX5
  • Push Press~ 175lbsX5, 200lbsX5, 225lbsX5
  • 1-Arm DB OH Press / Rear Delt~ 80lbsX6, 85lbsX6, 90lbsX5, 95lbsX3, 100lbsX2 / 35lbsX3(7)
  • Floor Pin Press (paused reps)~ 215lbsX7, 230lbsX7, 245lbsX5, 260lbsX4, 275lbsX3
Shoulder Prehab: stick stretch, scap motion, wall angel

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
This is a great mobility exercise that should be performed everyday...

I'm not a fan of box squats but you can see how this exercise (I don't like to say stretch b/c most people think of the classical sense of the work with you sitting on your ass and reaching for your toes or something like that) will help you open your hips and make it easier to squat with an upright stance while pushing your knees out (rotating them externally).

If you're not doing any mobility work you're missing a big piece of the puzzle to your training...

Last edited by a moderator:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Sliding Surface, Joint Capsule, and Musculature....

Last edited by a moderator:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Excellent video bud.

Thanks WW. Gotta take of our bodies and not just break them down in the gym. Gotta build them back and maintain them.

You can eat right and train right but if you don't take care of your bodies you won't last. This is a marathon and not a sprint.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic