jacobss
What's New?

Sleep Aid?

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
I just use NyQuil

Nyquil is my go-to med especially when I am sick and need something to knock me out cold at bedtime. Also 2 shots of whiskey works for me too

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
GABA and melatonin, but I take only about 5mgs of the latter.
GABA worked great for me.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Got some 5htp..... so far it isn't doing shit. I am considering something like pregabalin or gabapentin but they both cause me to have aches in my joints/legs.

Mary isn't an option for me as it makes my anxiety much worse. Also just seen an article about the long term use of anti histamines and it increasing the chances of Alzheimer's after prolonged use.... so thats out.

I have seen valerian root mentioned a couple of times I may explore this option. I asked my chemist about any potential contraindications with my Beta blocker (atenolol) and melatonin...... he couldnt answer me. The lack of sleep is getting to the point where I am that mentally exhausted I can barely string a ****ing sentence together.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
I like valerian root, and GABA worked well for me too. I've started meditating regularly and this has helped most of all for long term changes

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
A combination of the unisons and melatonin knocks me out, unfortunately it is a light wakeful sleep. I know what you mean about being exhausted. I fantasize about an 8 hour deep sleep.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
I take mirtazapine (Remeron) 45mg night and it works better than Ambien.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Try some ZZZquil. I was in your same shoes. My wife had me try this the other day. Worked real good and no sleepy hangover.
View attachment 7031

Hate to break it to you, but that stuff is just overpriced Benadryl. Walmart sells Benadryl 100 @ 4$. Dollar stores have 365ct bottles for 5 or 6$.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Or natural supps, melatonin has some of the best test results and we give it to our oldest daughter (7 years old) and have had a lot of luck. Yes, it's safe for young children too. Just "consult a physician" for ages much younger than that.

Benadryl is probably the next step, as it's still extremely safe, but a bit more effective than melatonin. Sides are near non-existent if you take moderate doses.

Lunesta is another drug to consider. It's on the mild side for prescription sleep aids.

Ambien should be your last choice. It works well, but the sides are a little more common and have been known to get people in trouble. It can cause amnesia and confusion.

Just a few that I have experience with.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic