Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Sleep Aid?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I have taken this in the past but I cannot remember if it was beneficial or not with regards to helping me sleep, I will also consider this. Just my 2 cents but I would dodge the trazadone like a fkin bullet.
Is it bad? I'm pretty desperate.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I have terrible sleep problems too. Falling asleep and staying asleep both. Trazadone works very well but you better get to where you want to wakeup in 30 mins,haha. Gave me the hungover effect most of the time thou. 1 benadryl helps but if I take 2 it's the hangover effect. Honestly, green is the best help for me. A benadryl with a binger and I'm set.

J

JamesCHt

Dec 21, 2014
Having experienced severe sleep disorders myself, I can offer you only what has worked for me. My Doctor also prescribed some heavy drugs, and I really don't like taking them. I tried supplements, I tried mind clearing through redundant exercise (walking, running, etc.) which allows your mind to vent, which helped a little. But nothing other than a chemically induced coma was really working. Then I discovered hypnosis for deep sleep, which is part of the reason why I became a hypnotherapist.

Hypnosis may be a possible answer for you. Understanding that hypnosis is a completely natural mental state that allows you to deeply relax both your body and your mind, particularly your critical analytical mind to the point where you can deep restorative sleep naturally and without side effect, additionally you will typically experience vivid, venting dreams, which is your minds natural venting process. Hypnosis allows you to calm racing thoughts before you go to sleep, and further allows you to quickly, easily return to sleep, should you wake in the night. I highly recommend you seek out a reputable Hypnotist in your area and discuss that possibility. I know it has worked beautifully for me. Hope that helps.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
I've had horrible sleep problems my whole life I've been on very RX sleep med you can name. Melatonin does help a little. I really think a big dose of fish oil does help too. But the best thing is uninsom (doxylamine.) I use the rite aid brand myself but most OTC sleep meds have Diphenhydramine the antihistamine but this doesn't work nearly as well. The recommended dosage is one tablet but I have taken as many as four. Any gels or liquids won't contain this ingredient it is typically found in the same blue pill as regular unisom.

texas boy

texas boy

May 28, 2014
Try some ZZZquil. I was in your same shoes. My wife had me try this the other day. Worked real good and no sleepy hangover.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419216623.013135.jpg

RebelMuscle666

RebelMuscle666

Sep 9, 2014
Try one called "Knock Out" from vitacost. Or the vitacost brand "Sleep Complex".

Akhusker

Akhusker

Dec 25, 2014
Have you tried drinking a beer? A nice micro brew knocks me out cold. But I don't drink so when I have one I'm done!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic