Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Shoulder replacement @ 44

Cutt29

Cutt29

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Im a year and one week out of tsa.Inset, yes. Pain, gone. Mobility, improving... have full ROM. Strength/stability overhead, no. Marathon for sure.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I got fed up with the orthopedic surgeons I have been seeing. They are not willing to think outside the box on my treatment. I had asked them about doing
stemless aspherical humeral head resurfacing and inlay glenoid instead of the typical reverse shoulder replacement and they refused to even discuss it. So I changed doctors today. This guy actually does this surgery and says I should have full use of my shoulder and even go back to lifting with no pain. I have very bad osteoarthritis in the right shoulder and also missing two rear rotators. So I am very hopeful this can be resolved and I can continue to lift weights and not have to be in such pain all the time. Below is a two year study and below that a 5 year study. He said the rehab is only 6-12 weeks at the most and I will be back 100%.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...hritis in this challenging patient population.

5 years

https://www.isakos.com/2019/Abstract/12089

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
I have had great healing results with HGH. Its my understanding that REAL IGF1 is very hard to come by and really expensive. I heard that a long time ago, so maybe what the peptide guys are selling is actually IGF1. I had heard it wasn't. I have no idea..

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
8 weeks out from rTSA. Good ROM, no pain, able to do light work with the repaired side in the gym and all activities of daily living. Will see the doc today for follow up, he does resurfacing but mine was beyond repair. May do resurfacing with the right when the time comes. I was out of the sling in one week, most ADLs within 4 weeks. Recovery went way faster than expected. HRT, GH and BP-157 help wo question.

Reactions: 5.0

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I'm a month out of surgery and feeling better than I have in 10 yrs! Recovery is going just as W6's did. Taking 2iu's daily of omnis

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I have had great healing results with HGH. Its my understanding that REAL IGF1 is very hard to come by and really expensive. I heard that a long time ago, so maybe what the peptide guys are selling is actually IGF1. I had heard it wasn't. I have no idea..
I tried 6 weeks of GH, BPC157 and TB500 with little relief. Of course I did the interarticular injections myself. Might have worked better using ultrasound guidance. I am also going to do the IGF-1 and see how that helps. My news doctor did a cortisone treatment yester using ultrasound and I got pretty good relief form some bad pain.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
8 weeks out from rTSA. Good ROM, no pain, able to do light work with the repaired side in the gym and all activities of daily living. Will see the doc today for follow up, he does resurfacing but mine was beyond repair. May do resurfacing with the right when the time comes. I was out of the sling in one week, most ADLs within 4 weeks. Recovery went way faster than expected. HRT, GH and BP-157 help wo question.
Let us know what restriction you will have on weight training after you are released. My x-rays look horrible but I am waiting on a CAT scan soon.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Let us know what restriction you will have on weight training after you are released. My x-rays look horrible but I am waiting on a CAT scan soon.
Saw my surgeon today. He cleared me to resume, well basically keep doing what I'm doing with lifting, that being pretty much everything, conservatively. My friend the former female PL continues to bench and DL without issue. The surgeon said they just don't have the data on active people and rTSA so the recommendations remain that of frail 90 yr olds. With an increasing number of rTSAs being done on younger active individuals, that data will begin coming in over the next decade. Not soon enough for us. I worked chest and back today. Machine presses, light pec deck (on the operated side), bilateral pulldowns, rows, etc. without pain. Slowly increasing weight each week. I should have a better idea of what I can do over the next few months. Mariah Liggett the PL said it takes a full year before I should really push it. The surgeon said my bones were the hardest he's ever worked on and I had the most muscle of any rTSA he's done so it would take a fall to dislocate the joint, can't do it lifting. He said having the amount of muscle made the joint very tight and along with the bone density made any fractures unlikely at this point. We talked about the right side, might try a tinodesis and clean out, possible resurfacing or rTSA if the left ends up being more than enough with what I like to do, and it may. It was a very fast recovery, nothing like I had been told it would. He said the resurfacing bc of the damage/repair to the subscap would take 3 months to get to where I am now but should function like a normal shoulder. You have to find the right surgeon. Too many have become assembly line technicians. For sure, being on T for decades and lifting is essential for fast recoveries and optimal BMD.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Thank @Wilson6 , I appreciate the update and information. Sounds like you are healing up quickly. Keep us posted.

Cutt29

Cutt29

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016

That's amazing. Congrats.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
That's amazing. Congrats.
Did shoulders today, better than last week and better than expected. Will have a PT eval tomorrow and will update what their thoughts are.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic