Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Shoulder replacement @ 44

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Seems to be a lot of this going around tid lately. As stated I'm 44 and getting a replacement in about 6wks. I've documented a couple past shoulder surgeries here and this is what was expected after the last one. I'm about 20yrs young for this and I will really have to focus on making these new parts last as long as possible. On a good note my surgeon said possible complications from surgery/healing will be reduced due to age. 6wks in a sling post op and then hopefully rite into p.t. One question I have for recovery is what's better and why, bpc&tb or hgh?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Seems to be a lot of this going around tid lately. As stated I'm 44 and getting a replacement in about 6wks. I've documented a couple past shoulder surgeries here and this is what was expected after the last one. I'm about 20yrs young for this and I will really have to focus on making these new parts last as long as possible. On a good note my surgeon said possible complications from surgery/healing will be reduced due to age. 6wks in a sling post op and then hopefully rite into p.t. One question I have for recovery is what's better and why, bpc&tb or hgh?
IGF-1 Lr3.......IGF-I plays a crucial role in wound healing and tissue repair. In studies using systemic administration of IGF-I or GH+IGF-I on surgical repairs, GH alone did not result in any significant improvement while GH+ IGF-1 did . So add some Lr3 to it (50mcg/d) to you GH. Might also ask the surgeon to do PRP after the surgery.

Best of luck to you!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Cash flow. Also I would like to keep injections/mixing to a minimum since I will be a one armed bandit and don't have anyone to assist me.
Haha. I kind of knew the answer when I asked the question. All that shit gets pretty expensive when you add it all up. GH is actually a cheaper option when you think about it, considering a kit at 2 iu a day will last 50 days. BPC and TB for 50 days will cost more than the GH.

norm

norm

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2023
You MUST use inset glenoid technology. The standard hardware will not last a weight lifter. Do your own research to know what's up. Check out my older thread.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
You MUST use inset glenoid technology. The standard hardware will not last a weight lifter. Do your own research to know what's up. Check out my older thread.
Certainly do agree with you.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...hritis in this challenging patient population.

5 year study

https://www.isakos.com/2019/Abstract/12089

https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog/the-barbell-medicine-guide-to-osteoarthritis/

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Getting the rTSA on my left on 1/12. My right may be a option for the resurface. There is a ortho in town that does them and has had great outcomes, he is a former BB. My colleague the retired female PL that had her rTSA done about a year ago continues to do well with lifting, not competitive but with weights I'd certainly be fine with now and going forward. Two essentials if you don't have much help, a Bidet toilet seat and flexible shower head with extension hose. Actually the heated Bidet is pretty nice regardless. X-mas gift from the Mrs.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
24 hrs post op and feeling better than after my 2 other shoulder ops. Took 5 hrs and was a success the surgeon said. All I've got to say is they're very stingy with pain meds post op.... thanks junkies
Good luck. been down this road with both shoulders, 3 years + since last one and still trying to get my strength back up.
Pain meds were VERY stingy lol bless the black market and stocking up.
Hope you heal as fast as possible and have great results.

Reactions: 5.0
W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
24 hrs post op and feeling better than after my 2 other shoulder ops. Took 5 hrs and was a success the surgeon said. All I've got to say is they're very stingy with pain meds post op.... thanks junkies
TSA or rTSA?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic