Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Second cycle question

N

NattyIce

Jul 14, 2014
Hello community,

I bring my question here because as of late i have been unable to find answers. This cycle I'll be running is a simple but effective one , that worked well in the past for me. Last cycle was roughly a year from today and I kept almost all my gains.

600/mg test EW, 25mg dbol ED.
Anti E Eod.

Now my question is this.. In June i was in a pretty gnarly car accident and totalled the crap out of my car aswell as got banged up pretty good..

I had a ct scan and they diagnosed me with an enlarged thoracic aorta; 5.5 cm to be exact.. I went to a heart doctor and he said "yes it is enlarged but there is no separation, no dissection and I see no reason why you cant carry on with your everyday activities like lifting etc." Im extremely healthy, in the gym 1.5 to 2 hours a day, eat right. currently my body weight is about 195lbs 14% bf. The doctor did say this was probably a genetic thing passed down.. and was not from the accident.

My question for you knowledgeable folks is... If i run the same cycle would I be at risk for a some form of heart issue? I feel fine, no shortness of breath, my cardio is good, my strength is way up.. and its as if i was never diagnosed at all with this..

Whenever I ask any form of MD or PCP they automatically shun any form enhancers such as test (never mentioned DB) I know this is the doctor looking out for my best interest..

I have this cycle ready to rock and roll and dont know if I should take it..

side note: I have been in the gym hitting the weights hard AF since the accident and I feel great.

Appreciate any input from you guys.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this question and cant just ask an MD.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Well im no Dr. but it doesn’t sound like your having any serious problems. If you run a cycle of course its going to put strain on your heart but I guess it all depends on you.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Hello community,

I bring my question here because as of late i have been unable to find answers. This cycle I'll be running is a simple but effective one , that worked well in the past for me. Last cycle was roughly a year from today and I kept almost all my gains.

600/mg test EW, 25mg dbol ED.
Anti E Eod.

Now my question is this.. In June i was in a pretty gnarly car accident and totalled the crap out of my car aswell as got banged up pretty good..

I had a ct scan and they diagnosed me with an enlarged thoracic aorta; 5.5 cm to be exact.. I went to a heart doctor and he said "yes it is enlarged but there is no separation, no dissection and I see no reason why you cant carry on with your everyday activities like lifting etc." Im extremely healthy, in the gym 1.5 to 2 hours a day, eat right. currently my body weight is about 195lbs 14% bf. The doctor did say this was probably a genetic thing passed down.. and was not from the accident.

My question for you knowledgeable folks is... If i run the same cycle would I be at risk for a some form of heart issue? I feel fine, no shortness of breath, my cardio is good, my strength is way up.. and its as if i was never diagnosed at all with this..

Whenever I ask any form of MD or PCP they automatically shun any form enhancers such as test (never mentioned DB) I know this is the doctor looking out for my best interest..

I have this cycle ready to rock and roll and dont know if I should take it..

side note: I have been in the gym hitting the weights hard AF since the accident and I feel great.

Appreciate any input from you guys.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this question and cant just ask an MD.

Heavy resistance training can cause hypertrophy if the heart. Some evidence suggests that supplemental testosterone will enhance this.

If your heart enlarges there is a chance that aorta will tear. This will actually kill you.

If I were you I wouldn't run it.

N

NattyIce

Jul 14, 2014
thanks for input guys. So i guess thats it then ? I was curious that maybe the test alone might be ok?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
POB said what I would've said. Sell what you have and don't play a stacked deck against house odds. Might you win, yes, but you won't ever know if it WASN'T worth it. Only the coroner and your friends/family will know. Sorry to hear about your accident, and happy to hear that you're back at it hard. You're a stubborn ass so I know that you will end up doing whatever you want, but this time, I hope you really think about the marathon. I've been off for 6-7 months now, and will likely never run anything again besides trt, if necessary. It's no big deal to NOT ever use AAS again bro.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I'll play devil's advocate.

Unless your enlarged aorta shows signs of being weaker than normal, there is no reason for us lay people to think you are at increased risk (compared to a normal person) if your blood pressure increases.

If I were in your situation, I would ask my doctor if the enlargement is likely to result in weakness or other problems with your aorta, then I would avoid things that could add to that risk unreasonably (i.e. prolonged use of AAS, leading to high bp and/or enlarged heart).

Also, I would point out that you can monitor your blood pressure while on cycle, and so long as it does not get unreasonably high, the risk to you should not be great.

If your doctor does not know whether your enlarged aorta increases your risk, then your risk may not be any greater than a normal person when using AAS. If that were the case, I would go for it because you live only once!

Last edited:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
If you read my post carefully, you can tell that I know this guy personally, and you can tell that he plays his own "devil's advocate" and didn't need any help making the riskier choice. I generally love to play devil's advocate in discussions, but in this case, it's unnecessary.

To address your post, there is no test that can be run to determine, FOR SURE, whether or not AAS will affect his already deformed heart. That's all I would need to know to NOT roll the dice. YOLO doesn't apply to exploding aortas, haha.

N

NattyIce

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks everyone, and SAD.
I'm glad I came here for answers, You guys rock. Your right about the yolo part .. I've definetly said that a few times then rethought my statement.. Is it worth it? for me probably not.. I do not compete in any way shape or form, I simply wanna be "Hoe ready".

So with that being said I've acquired all the information I need and greatly appreciate your guys's input.
:weightlift:

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I had a heart attack roughly a year ago, no enlargement of the heart. But after a year of getting healthy and stress free my doctor, cardiologist, and endocrinologist all agreed no more gear for me. If I was going to be an ass and not listen, nothing more than 300mg of short ester test for a few weeks, then back down to my trt. Everything would just point to stay clear of it with your condition.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic