Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Rock the CUT

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Good luck! Better yet, it's not about luck. It's about wanting it so bad, that nothing will stop you!

Are you working with anyone? Is this your first show?

Thanks bro and you're absolutely right. Genetics are the only "luck" in this game. Tons of hard work and dedication.

I've been working with the same coach for a year now. Finally found one that meshes with me well and knows his stuff. This will be my 4th show overall. First two were physique but was always told I was too big for physique so made the switch to bb last May. At 6' I got lots of filling out to do. :)

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Thanks bro and you're absolutely right. Genetics are the only "luck" in this game. Tons of hard work and dedication.

I've been working with the same coach for a year now. Finally found one that meshes with me well and knows his stuff. This will be my 4th show overall. First two were physique but was always told I was too big for physique so made the switch to bb last May. At 6' I got lots of filling out to do. :)

Dang! Seeing some of the top level pro physique guys, that's impressive to get bumped in to BBing because of your size. Then again, now you have to match the big guys! lol

4th show, so you should have some good experience under your belt. Looking forward to seeing your results as well!

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I'm with you shortz, really looking forward to seeing the results. Good to hear about the coach and how well you two work together and have developed together over a year or so time frame, I bet that makes a world of difference. I'd like to take the stage one day. As far as the stage part goes, I could probably learn a lot from you and some of the guys on here. I don't have too much experience with the competitive sport in bb aspect but love the hell out of it and would love to do it. There's a really good coach about 30 mins from me that's won quite a few NPC physique shows, including the ky muscle. I had spoke with him about working as a trainer with him at his gym when I got back from deployment, but For now I gotta support the family. Best of luck RS, keep killing it bro

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Thanks a ton guys. I simply love doing this. I know I'll never win the Olympia but I have found that pushing myself to make a stage appearance is very satisfying. I'm 40 with 3 kids so this is most definitely a hobby but I treat it as much like a pro sport as I can. I only been doing this at this type level for 3 years. The first year my coach burned about 8 lbs of muscle off me to make physique only for them to tell me I was still too big. I don't know NPC is bullshit but its my opportunity to be the best I can be.

Really appreciate the encouragement and am always glad to help anyone anytime.

Making it through the first 4 weeks of this is my biggest challenge right now. Just a big adjustment in food and training.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I bet bro. I can only imagine the how much more strict and detailed everything gets pre contestst. Especially nutrition.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
250.4 this morning. Pretty depleted and flat. Did shoulders and calves this morning. Everything feels good just no pump right now. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391282830.102153.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391282870.235713.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391282903.019345.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391282961.035803.jpg

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Looking good. Are you doing low carb? If so, don't feel bad about looking flat. We are well aware that will happen with a low carb diet. THe plus side is, you will drop a bunch of water weight.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Looking good bro. Lats look great in the last pic and wheels looking good. Looking pretty symmetrical as well. Good work

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Looking good. Are you doing low carb? If so, don't feel bad about looking flat. We are well aware that will happen with a low carb diet. THe plus side is, you will drop a bunch of water weight.

Yes I'm at zero carbs right now and have not carb loaded. I'm cleared for a cheat meal tomorrow but still no actual load.

Yes I've lost 8lbs in 2 weeks most of which was water I'm sure. But all in all the bad stuff coming off and the good stuff poking through.

Thanks all for the compliments and encouragement.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Chest, Biceps and abs + cardio

Back is feeling 100% but I'm pretty weak from no carbs. Were going one more week no carb to get deep in ketosis. I'm staring to feel better.

Incline DB 4x12-15
Incline fly superset with push-ups 3x15
BB curls 4x10
DB alternating curls 4x15 each arm
Hammer curls 3x15
Crunches and leg raises 4x20 each.
15min step mill

249 this morning so cheat didn't affect me. Really all I did was add a half cup rice to a meal and had a little desert.

Truck ON!!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Nice progress dude.

how long is this cut for ? Any shows planned ?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic