jacobss
What's New?

Quitting Coffee

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Have you tried True Nutritions Coffee Protien! It’s so good. But does mess with my gut occasionally. Has ground Arabica beans in it.
Sorry Beef. Lol

I tried a sample of it when it first came out, but that stuff is expensive! So I just buy my normal chocolate whey from them and add my own amount of instant coffee for much cheaper

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Kluso is wealthy. He doesn't even look at prices.. just clicks "add to cart" and lets his accountant work out the trivialities.

M

Mei Lin

Sep 25, 2023
I once spent a whole day without coffee, and I had a big headache the next morning. >.<
It was really unpleasant, lol, but it went away when I had had a few cups later that next day.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Weird weekend for me. I had headaches, too, but I did at least have my 1.5 tbsp of coffee. Never done such a way of eating. No carbs one day, low-to-no fat the next. Made me look forward to the food I eat on training days. It's a lot of work and planning to eat like this, at least relative to what I was doing. Makes "cheat meals" cost too much to eat from an effort perspective, so I'm clamping down and ditching them for the time being. Nothing but pure carb cycling for now.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
I miss drinking coffee. I am not sure how the Chemo changed by body chemistry but I cannot drink it now. It makes my head spin and gives me the shits. Before the cancer I would drink couple cups a day.
I drink green and black tea but it is not the same kick.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
When it comes to caffeine/coffee, and every drug out there, dosage is important. There is a lot of research showing how beneficial coffee is to our health, but when consumed in extremes (same with caffeine), it can have negative outcomes. I would not necessarily promote d/c it completely, but rather decreasing the amount.

IMO, I think when it comes to Semaglutide, people would do themselves a huge favor by starting out at much smaller dosages, then titrate it up, if it is even needed. Honestly, I would probably recommend starting at 0.125mg before even using the standard 0.25mg dosing scheme. I know so many people who do not have issues with the 0.25mg dosing, but then I also know many who do. You can always titrate upward if needed. However, it's hard to go back down once sides hit heavily. There is no 100% guarantee in any dosing scheme, but i'd probably go low with this stuff and respect it's strength, first. If a dosage is working great, DO NOT INCREASE the amount....but rather, ride it out. <-----not directed at anybody here, just generally what I am seeing.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
When it comes to caffeine/coffee, and every drug out there, dosage is important. There is a lot of research showing how beneficial coffee is to our health, but when consumed in extremes (same with caffeine), it can have negative outcomes. I would not necessarily promote d/c it completely, but rather decreasing the amount.

IMO, I think when it comes to Semaglutide, people would do themselves a huge favor by starting out at much smaller dosages, then titrate it up, if it is even needed. Honestly, I would probably recommend starting at 0.125mg before even using the standard 0.25mg dosing scheme. I know so many people who do not have issues with the 0.25mg dosing, but then I also know many who do. You can always titrate upward if needed. However, it's hard to go back down once sides hit heavily. There is no 100% guarantee in any dosing scheme, but i'd probably go low with this stuff and respect it's strength, first. If a dosage is working great, DO NOT INCREASE the amount....but rather, ride it out. <-----not directed at anybody here, just generally what I am seeing.
I am one of those who didn't have any sides and I experimented with .5 mg as a starting dose. I didn't feel like eating anything after two weeks. It was just and experiment, so I stopped taking it.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I tried a sample of it when it first came out, but that stuff is expensive! So I just buy my normal chocolate whey from them and add my own amount of instant coffee for much cheaper
Smart!

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I once spent a whole day without coffee, and I had a big headache the next morning. >.<
It was really unpleasant, lol, but it went away when I had had a few cups later that next day.
Yeah! Caffeine withdrawal headaches are not fun.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Haha. When I tell people you have to struggle to get to my level, I am mostly talking about eating. If you want to put down a bunch of clean calories for a growth phase it is tough. I end up missing meals, because I am not hungry. Then I have to eat two meals at the end of the day, which really sucks. Now pre-contest, that is a different story. Towards the end of contest prep on a cheat day I can put down 7500 calories easy. I will eat and 15 minutes later I am starving again.
It’s been my biggest problem trying to get swoll! Way way harder than cutting imo.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
It’s been my biggest problem trying to get swoll! Way way harder than cutting imo.
It is funny, because I thought the pros were crazy when they would tell me they were looking forward to contest prep. I found out why. Putting down 4000 calories a day of chicken breast, rice and vegetables is hard as hell. Sure you can add in more calorie dense foods to help, but I also noticed when I do this I start gaining bodyfat fast. If I keep it to a lean meat protein source, rice and vegetables I do not gain much fat. The calorie dense foods lead to insulin resistance.

The only things I do like during the growth phase, you look fucking huge, at least everyone in the gym says so. Just keep the shirt on. Haha. Also, strength is through the roof. Pressing 155 lbs dumbbells, floor rows with 315 lbs, hack squats 7 pps full ROM for 12+ reps, incline press 335 lbs for 12+ reps, etc... During contest prep, especially towards the end I couldn't get those weights for one good rep.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I have a mug of black coffee next to me from 5am till 7pm every day. If the thought ever crosses my mind to quit, I rebuke Satan and have another drink.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic