Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Pull-Up Help

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Do negatives. Jump up to the top position, hold it for a couple seconds and lower all the way down slowly.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Do negatives. Jump up to the top position, hold it for a couple seconds and lower all the way down slowly.

That's brilliant. Akin to laying on your back and looking at the rim, then getting up and trying to dunk. Mind over matter.

But BigEd doesn't know about trying to dunk. He just dunks.

BigEd33

BigEd33

Apr 26, 2011
That's brilliant. Akin to laying on your back and looking at the rim, then getting up and trying to dunk. Mind over matter.

But BigEd doesn't know about trying to dunk. He just dunks.

haha ever heard white man can't jump? I got the vertical leap ability of my little dog, thankfully I got the height..

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
Sure if you're gym has one use it but I u have a spotter I think that would be better.... I wouldn't go out an buy one tho if that's what u mean by "worth it"

Ya, I was wondering if its worth purchasing one. I work out at home and usually by myself. No problems with weighted pull downs and doing much more then my body weight but would like to progress further with pull ups and was thinking somthing like this could really help push ya further. Sort of like doing drop sets, when Im fatigued out of regular pull ups I can drop down to the assisted ones. Again just theory - I never used one

Deltoids Mcghee

Deltoids Mcghee

Jan 4, 2012
All the advice on using a spotter, negatives and building up your strength with pulldowns is excellent, but don't forget rows. Especially bent over barbell rows, they add strength and slabs of muscle to your upper back and that will be extremely helpful in achieving your goal. Another exercise you might wanna try is rack chins, they are easier than chins and you can find several videos online showing how to do them.

H

HomeGrown

Oct 30, 2011
Maybe try a band? Just a thought, never heard of anyone doing that but sounds like it would work.

Actually I was just about to say that as I have done that for after I do pulls to failure. Get some nice thick bands I have some green ones and they work great for me but you may need to get 2 sets for your weight . You may need to use some tie down straps to help adjust the height or tension . Hope you have a high enough place to hang them . If you have to hang it from a STRONG tree limb

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
I can empathize with your situation. POB had a great suggestion with negatives. My advice to you is to focus on squeezing your lats and don't worry about bringing your head up over the bar. You can row until the cows come home and it's not going to make you any better at pullups.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic