Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Pull-Up Help

BigEd33

BigEd33

Apr 26, 2011
Ok, so this is going to make me sound pathetic, but I cannot do a pull-up for the life of me. I am not one for making excuses but I feel like it is due to the length of my arms and bodyweight. I am about 6'10 and weight roughly 275lbs. 275 is not a ton, but at the same time my wingspan is roughly 7'3, or 87 inches. Anyone have any recommendations on how to help me attain one of my many goals? I may have previously posted about this but I haven't been on here in months and didn't feel like searching for hours. Thanks guys..

H

HomeGrown

Oct 30, 2011
Wow at this point you should stRt doing pull downs to help build strength .
Also some gyms hav assisting machines that will help you do pullups start out with that as well

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
If u have a work out partner, bend your knees and have him grab you're feet to spot u and do sets of 5, eventually you won't need a spotter anymore.

BigEd33

BigEd33

Apr 26, 2011
Wow at this point you should stRt doing pull downs to help build strength .
Also some gyms hav assisting machines that will help you do pullups start out with that as well

My gym has one of those machines but I can't get a full ROM because of my height and the length of my arms/body.. It kinda stops at a point where my arms are still almost 90 degrees..

BigEd33

BigEd33

Apr 26, 2011
I unfortunately work out on my own at this point but I should probably grab one of my buddies to be my workout partner on days when I wanna do pull-ups..

H

HomeGrown

Oct 30, 2011
You may need to kneel on the feet pads .
Like stated above if you have someone to help with holding your feet .

Also how are you gripping the bar . I would grip it with a chin up grip ( underhand grip ) as it is the easiest way to do a pull .

Have you ever done pull ups or chin ups when you were younger?

BigEd33

BigEd33

Apr 26, 2011
You may need to kneel on the feet pads .
Like stated above if you have someone to help with holding your feet .

Also how are you gripping the bar . I would grip it with a chin up grip ( underhand grip ) as it is the easiest way to do a pull .

Have you ever done pull ups or chin ups when you were younger?

I actually do kneel lol You underestimate how long my arms really are.. I can stand and put a basketball at the rim without jumping if that gives you any indication. And no I have never been able to do a pull up or a chin ever.. I have tried both grips with no success.. If I can accomplish one thing in the gym this year it will be this..

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
you and a buddy go to a play park (play ground) will defo be poles or monkey bars to mess about with goal posts anything bro

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Maybe try a band? Just a thought, never heard of anyone doing that but sounds like it would work.

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
How are those assisted pull up machines? Are they worth it? In theory I think they would be beneficial but they dont seem very popular.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
How are those assisted pull up machines? Are they worth it? In theory I think they would be beneficial but they dont seem very popular.

Sure if you're gym has one use it but I u have a spotter I think that would be better.... I wouldn't go out an buy one tho if that's what u mean by "worth it"

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic