Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Protein powder problem?

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Yea, Dante mentioned how he was the manufacturer that ALRI was buying from, and Author would ask them to do so many illegal and unethical things and TN/Dante/Doug would tell him hell no. ALRI's HumaPro was just rebottled EAA's that they bought from TN, yet they hyped it up as being some unique product...absolute BS marketing that people fell for.
Sad to say I was one of those that fell for the ALRI Humapro hype, even though I should have known better UUGGGGHHHHH!!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Sad to say I was one of those that fell for the ALRI Humapro hype, even though I should have known better UUGGGGHHHHH!!

Yea, we've all done the same at some, errr....many, lol, times in our lives:D

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I get good results out of it. Proven with scans over a long term deficit.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Has anyone tried any of the beef protein isolates? I would be willing to try it but I would not want it flavored or full chemical shit.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Has anyone tried any of the beef protein isolates? I would be willing to try it but I would not want it flavored or full chemical shit.
I just looked True Nutrition s Beef Protein powder. It looks good.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I have us ON and GNC's red label for decades it is the same product, I just get whatever is cheaper at the time with a BOGO on the big bags ar whatever is the best deal, I stock way up on it as I am kind of a "prepper" lol
No bloat, farts or issues from it.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I have us ON and GNC's red label for decades it is the same product, I just get whatever is cheaper at the time with a BOGO on the big bags ar whatever is the best deal, I stock way up on it as I am kind of a "prepper" lol
No bloat, farts or issues from it.
I’ve never tried that protein, but what’s the cost usually with all your discounts?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I bought some protein isolate powder from ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/252266848763?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=777008&algo=PERSONAL.TOPIC&ao=1&asc=20230811125216&meid=0267f34ff73948ecbe5a516cd2e7792d&pid=101771&rk=1&rkt=1&mehot=pp&itm=252266848763&pmt=1&noa=1&pg=4375194&algv=WatchlistVariantWithMLR&_trksid=p4375194.c101771.m47999&_trkparms=parentrq:6f41bbce18d0ad8b8e28679cffff173c|pageci:0b4ce6e2-c29c-11ee-9b04-9e37f252445b|iid:1|vlpname:vlp_homepage

which is really good tasting and everything else except, when I first used it (cooked up some cream of rice, wait to cool down then add protein powder) no stomach problems (bloating, gas, etc) , but when I got to the 4th bag of 5 I started getting gas and slight bloat not real bad but enough to be bothersome. I've been told that when you get gas or bloating it means your stomach is not digesting the protein or getting a food allergy.

I just bought some isopure protein powder and absolutely no stomach problems at all. Now could this be a quality control problem as in the first bags where really good quality and latter ones not or do you fellas think food allergy or or is a little bit of gas and bloat no big deal?
Isopure is the only protein powder I'll use these days. Couple scoops in some cold water or almond milk is perfect.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I’ve never tried that protein, but what’s the cost usually with all your discounts?
.79 cents per 24 gram serving is the average, If I get the 5.5 lb bags I can drop that down to around .60 cents if they are on sale at Costco or online.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Look at the team skip blend whey casein and egg protein blend. Great for MRP or night time protein.
That’s what I use unless it’s postworkout. I drink two shakes a day. One postworkout of whey isolate (various brands, like to change it up) then another later in the day of TNs Skip Blend. What flavor(s) do you like with it? Surprisingly the best I like so far is the marshmallow treat flavor. It’s more of a sweet vanilla something but decent. That’s my only issue with True Nutrition. Figuring out a good flavor depending on the protein you use. Some I have tried have been really bad. That’s why I still use 1stPhorm Phormula one postworkout usually. Rootbeer Float flavor is the bomb! Latte one is good too I hear. Want to try next. And 1stPhorm whey doesn’t upset my stomach like other wheys do. But it’s expensive. What flavor of whey do you guys like for your true nutrition whey iso or concentrate? And the Skips Blend?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic