Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Protein powder problem?

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
I bought some protein isolate powder from ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/2522668487...-9b04-9e37f252445b|iid:1|vlpname:vlp_homepage

which is really good tasting and everything else except, when I first used it (cooked up some cream of rice, wait to cool down then add protein powder) no stomach problems (bloating, gas, etc) , but when I got to the 4th bag of 5 I started getting gas and slight bloat not real bad but enough to be bothersome. I've been told that when you get gas or bloating it means your stomach is not digesting the protein or getting a food allergy.

I just bought some isopure protein powder and absolutely no stomach problems at all. Now could this be a quality control problem as in the first bags where really good quality and latter ones not or do you fellas think food allergy or or is a little bit of gas and bloat no big deal?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Cannot go wrong with IP. I like TrueNutrition and concocting my own formulas without flavoring. I survived protein powders back in the 70's. These hyperpalatable proteins today are triggers for me to eat calorie dense, nutrient deficient garbage.

In my 60's I don't need macros as much as I need micro nutrients from whole food sources, but I still use supplemented protein with every meal as insurance. I look and feel better at 1g/lb of BW. 205g of protein can be a challenge day in day out without some supplemented protein.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I bought some protein isolate powder from ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/252266848763?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=777008&algo=PERSONAL.TOPIC&ao=1&asc=20230811125216&meid=0267f34ff73948ecbe5a516cd2e7792d&pid=101771&rk=1&rkt=1&mehot=pp&itm=252266848763&pmt=1&noa=1&pg=4375194&algv=WatchlistVariantWithMLR&_trksid=p4375194.c101771.m47999&_trkparms=parentrq:6f41bbce18d0ad8b8e28679cffff173c|pageci:0b4ce6e2-c29c-11ee-9b04-9e37f252445b|iid:1|vlpname:vlp_homepage

which is really good tasting and everything else except, when I first used it (cooked up some cream of rice, wait to cool down then add protein powder) no stomach problems (bloating, gas, etc) , but when I got to the 4th bag of 5 I started getting gas and slight bloat not real bad but enough to be bothersome. I've been told that when you get gas or bloating it means your stomach is not digesting the protein or getting a food allergy.

I just bought some isopure protein powder and absolutely no stomach problems at all. Now could this be a quality control problem as in the first bags where really good quality and latter ones not or do you fellas think food allergy or or is a little bit of gas and bloat no big deal?

I use NWN myself, but the three-protein blend. I've noticed lately myself I have been bloated, but I also have other factors that may be contributing like Sema. It has crossed my mind a few times, though.. wondering if it was the protein.

Think I'll drop it for a week and see what happens. Easy enough to backfill with Humapro.

Last edited:
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
It's hard to say what the issue is, but I personally do not really trust a lot of protein companies outside of maybe True Nutrition, ON, IsoPure, and Mutant. Too many slimy fukks out there who will say and do anything to gain a $$$. Synthetek is good too, but i've never used them personally because I live close to TN. These big companies do not have anything to gain by cheating their labels because they would be setting themselves up for a major fall if caught....not saying that is what happened with the protein you linked and at question, but who knows.

TN is by far my favorite, and I handle their whey concentrate very well so I save $$$ on not having to buy an isolate. I mix mine with milk and add in powdered oats, and other things as well.

Let us know how it plays out:)

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I use NWN myself, but the three-protein blend. I've noticed lately myself I have been bloated, but I also have other factors that may be contributing like Sema. It has crossed my mind a few times, though.. wondering if it was the protein.

Think I'll drop it for a week and see what happens. Easy enough to backfill with Humapro.

So gotta say unfortunately I think it's the protein. I've been without since Sunday and can tell a big difference in midsection bloat. My diet and supplementation have been the exact same this week as last (everything is planned, prepped, and logged). The only change was dropping the NWN 3-Protein Blend. Bloat will probably continue to decrease, but as a general rule for my body, it takes about three days for inflammation/bloat to start to subside after dropping something bad.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
I'm going to look into getting Egg protein from TN, thank you for mentioning it!!
TN egg protein powder has a bunch of weird ingredients in it. This is what I use and it is a little cheaper through this company:

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
It's hard to say what the issue is, but I personally do not really trust a lot of protein companies outside of maybe True Nutrition, ON, IsoPure, and Mutant. Too many slimy fukks out there who will say and do anything to gain a $$$. Synthetek is good too, but i've never used them personally because I live close to TN. These big companies do not have anything to gain by cheating their labels because they would be setting themselves up for a major fall if caught....not saying that is what happened with the protein you linked and at question, but who knows.

TN is by far my favorite, and I handle their whey concentrate very well so I save $$$ on not having to buy an isolate. I mix mine with milk and add in powdered oats, and other things as well.

Let us know how it plays out:)
Yep, a lot of slimy dudes. My best friend works for Informed Choice and he tells me what some of these motherfuckers do with their supplements, companies they dropped due to trying to sneak batches out the backdoor without being tested. Informed Choice/Informed Sport does not fuck around. You pull some shady shit and they pull their logo off your bottle and let WADA, US Doping Agency, all the major sports leagues and the Olympics not to trust your supplements.

If it has the Informed Sport logo on the bottle then what they say is in the bottle is exactly what is in there, no less, no more, as they test every single batch. Informed Choice there is always a very slim chance you get a "contaminated" bottle, as they only test so many batches per month.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
So gotta say unfortunately I think it's the protein. I've been without since Sunday and can tell a big difference in midsection bloat. My diet and supplementation have been the exact same this week as last (everything is planned, prepped, and logged). The only change was dropping the NWN 3-Protein Blend. Bloat will probably continue to decrease, but as a general rule for my body, it takes about three days for inflammation/bloat to start to subside after dropping something bad.
You got me worried because I haven’t had any issues from the 3 blend protein and I’m on my last 3 lb bag and need to order more. Or go with another brands.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
It's just me. I have a lot of sensitivities. Sunflower lecithin is in it, and I do react to sunflower protein. Just figured since it was low enough on the list or processed enough that it might not matter. But I've got a lot of autoimmune shit going on now after Covid. Seems everything I eat is irritating. I'll get asthma straight away from eating stuff that has never been a problem. Going to get a box of Naltrexone for a round of LDN. Immune system is just too out of whack now.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yep, a lot of slimy dudes. My best friend works for Informed Choice and he tells me what some of these motherfuckers do with their supplements, companies they dropped due to trying to sneak batches out the backdoor without being tested. Informed Choice/Informed Sport does not fuck around. You pull some shady shit and they pull their logo off your bottle and let WADA, US Doping Agency, all the major sports leagues and the Olympics not to trust your supplements.

If it has the Informed Sport logo on the bottle then what they say is in the bottle is exactly what is in there, no less, no more, as they test every single batch. Informed Choice there is always a very slim chance you get a "contaminated" bottle, as they only test so many batches per month.

Yea, Dante mentioned how he was the manufacturer that ALRI was buying from, and Author would ask them to do so many illegal and unethical things and TN/Dante/Doug would tell him hell no. ALRI's HumaPro was just rebottled EAA's that they bought from TN, yet they hyped it up as being some unique product...absolute BS marketing that people fell for.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic