jacobss
What's New?

Opiate withdrawls

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Suboxone is the best for getting through opiate withdrawals.... trust me.
Yes but creates another addiction to break later...trust me. Clonidine and prudent Benzo use is probably safer and cheaper in the long run.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yes but creates another addiction to break later...trust me. Clonidine and prudent Benzo use is probably safer and cheaper in the long run.

No, it doesn't cause another addiction to break later. You do know how it works don't you? I'm not getting this from a book but first hand experience. It takes away ALL the symptoms of the withdrawal and it also makes it where if the person uses it doesn't allow them to even get high from the opiate use. Again.... if you don't have first hand experience I don't think you should give advice about this subject matter.

And Benzo's......are you KIDDING ME??? Benzo use??? That's just as addictive and the withdrawals are horrible. You might as well tell someone to get on methadone.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I don't have first hand experience but my ex would take benzos also and I've seen documentaries on how folks addicted to heroin and other opiates would mix opiates with benzos to get high .. I'm not sure what Meds woul be best to get off but I do know there are Meds to help and if you can't quit on ur own the first step is detox...to this day she has only admited to the problem she has one time and that was laying in a bed in the emergency room after she overdosed in front of me and our baby.. One they moved her up stairs the nurse was trying to give her norcos after I just explained to the ER doc about the whole problem... Shits a nightmare... But old school if you have enough sense to start this thread you know what has to be done...now that I think back I think it's a cocktail of methedone and benzos that get them high jus like opiates... Been awhile since I read up on this shit...

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I used suboxone and it worked for me.... no withdrawels at all.. but if you listen to all the hardcore recovering addicts they will tell you to fully get off opiates you need to go thru withdrawels without taking anything.. you need to be brought down to your fkn knees and go thru the suffering so youll remember how agonizing it was to come off...Suboxone makes it way too easy, almost like a safety net where you no you can always use again and just get suboxone again ... myself if im offered a crutch im gonna use it.. so suboxone was my crutch and I took it. But I do hear of shitloads of people getting hooked on sub also.... It does get you a little high when you first start taking it so maybe that's why they keep taking it. But secondary addictions are very common when people use 1 drug to get off another.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It's not so much going through the withdrawals as it is hitting rock bottom and being sick and tired of being sick and tired. Sub attacks the opiate receptor which is why it's given. You can shoot all the shit you want and you won't feel a thing... now you will die but you won't get the high while taking suboxone. Many also can't overcome the withdrawals and that is why they relapse. Shitting yourself, hot and cold sweats, the shakes, etc.... It's hell, plain and simple. It's physical unlike coke which is psychological.

True addicts don't take something to have fun, to party, to etc.... they TRULY hate themselves for what they are doing to themselves but they cannot stop till they've hit rock bottom. When someone says it has a hold on them.... it does. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

necropuppy

necropuppy

Mar 8, 2014
Opiate withdrawals suck. Best bet is to go detox. They'll hook you up with clonodine and other things, and while it will suck, at least it's in a controlled environment and you wont be tempted to go cop some pills.

It doesn't sound like you're an addict from your post. You just got hooked on pills by the doctor. I wish you the best of luck. I'm a recovered heroin addict and been through detox and rehab and it's no fun. Wish you the best of luck, the best piece of advice I can say is just tough it out.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
This is ****ing terrible..2 years on percocet after my neck surgery and I am 4 days off. Never, ever ever would I have ever thought this would happen to me, no not me!

See a doc that is lisc to prescribe suboxine. It's a partial opioid agonist that will help kick opiates. Ususlly a psychiatrist or some pain clinics are liscensed but you can go online google suboxine find in your area

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
It's not so much going through the withdrawals as it is hitting rock bottom and being sick and tired of being sick and tired. Sub attacks the opiate receptor which is why it's given. You can shoot all the shit you want and you won't feel a thing... now you will die but you won't get the high while taking suboxone. Many also can't overcome the withdrawals and that is why they relapse. Shitting yourself, hot and cold sweats, the shakes, etc.... It's hell, plain and simple. It's physical unlike coke which is psychological.

True addicts don't take something to have fun, to party, to etc.... they TRULY hate themselves for what they are doing to themselves but they cannot stop till they've hit rock bottom. When someone says it has a hold on them.... it does. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

You know bro! I work with addicts see this all the time . Plus I was prescribed oxy for years and I needed med to kill the withdrawal effects on my body took 2 years but I've never relapsed never looked back - of course I was never an addict I don't drink ,smoke or have addictive issues . Meaning it was easier for me, but no less scary

brutus79

brutus79

Dec 27, 2013
um- you are obviously unaware that benzo withdrawal can kill you? behind alcohol there is nothing worse (and more dangerous) than benzos.... this is like suggesting prudent heroin use would cut down on withdrawal symptoms. it would, but you are simply trading into a more dangerous substance.

suboxone gets you high- it is a beautiful thing for non addicts to kick a habit bourne of necessary medical use.... not so good for drug addicts. it was said in previous posts that the agony of withdrawal is part of the package that helps you leave it alone- I tend to agree, but the only time I never aoded myself on a detox was when I was locked up.... and shitting yourself in a cell and washing your ass in the toilet is an interesting experience...

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
um- you are obviously unaware that benzo withdrawal can kill you? behind alcohol there is nothing worse (and more dangerous) than benzos.... this is like suggesting prudent heroin use would cut down on withdrawal symptoms. it would, but you are simply trading into a more dangerous substance.

suboxone gets you high- it is a beautiful thing for non addicts to kick a habit bourne of necessary medical use.... not so good for drug addicts. it was said in previous posts that the agony of withdrawal is part of the package that helps you leave it alone- I tend to agree, but the only time I never aoded myself on a detox was when I was locked up.... and shitting yourself in a cell and washing your ass in the toilet is an interesting experience...

X2.

My cousin is a pharmacist so he fills suboxone scripts regularly and speaks with the patients. More of them are now hooked on the suboxone or just selling it to non-addicts for cash than are being helped by it. Not to say it hasn't helped anyone, it has, but it's not the answer for the vast majority of addicts.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Definitely ask about the suboxone bro. It can do wonders for you to get past the the physical part, which helps with the mental part. I promise you it is possible brother. And I agree, your doc shoulda been smarter than this.

===========================================

Guys although Suboxone has been available since 2002 the DEA limited it's distribution by a single physician to 30 PATIENTS annually, in addition to a two day course. Their objective was to ensure Sub was used almost exclusively by in-patient drug rehab clinics. Well they certainly achieved that objective. NO doctors prescribed it but rather referred patients for "rehab".

(Sounds great if you have funding, and many patients addicted to narcs have very limited resources, duh)

However it has since been extended to 100 patients and in-patient rehab is not being emphasized. however a several hour "specialized course" must still be completed, yet is available on the net, before a physician may prescribe it!

Nonetheless, most docs simply don 't want to screw with more government oversight in their practice and that's exactly what prescribing Sub will do, guaranteed.

Additionally one needs to know because Suboxone contains the opioid (Ibuprenorphine) which exhibits both agonist and partial agonist activity. Naloxone is the other drug in "Suboxone" yet it is a pure opiate antagonist.
Naloxone was included in the Suboxone combination because it will block the euphoric effects of Ibuprenorphine if abused, or that is injected.

Although Suboxone is approved exclusively for the treatment of opiate withdrawal, it may also be "abused". It's similar to the Methadone programs in that regard but with the absolute intent for the patient to go clean AFTER the physical side effects of HIGH POTENCY (Heroin, Oxy, Dilaudid etc) narcotics have subsided.

All that being said its been a Godsend, yet far from ideal, for many patients with high level narcotic addictions.

I sincerely hope this helps someone!

Respects
JIM

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic