Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

My weight loss stopped

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
I have a question. Weight loss or fat loss?
In my case, fat loss. I've lost weight losing fat, but I've lost some of the little muscle I had primarily my shoulders have come down.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
There is so much you have not told us.
How much do you weigh?
What are you doing for exercise?

Is your 1,500 calorie per day goal calculated based on a formula, or real life testing?

A formula can give you a rough idea of what your caloric goal should be, but is no substitute for hard work. To do this right you will need to spend time measuring your food intake by weight/volume and content, use a journal to track your calories and macros (protein, fat & carbs), reach a caloric equilibrium so your weight is stable for a month or so, then gradually reduce calories until you are losing 2 lbs of bodyweight each week. In the first week you will lose as much as 4 lbs (this first week's weight loss will include some water as your sugar intake is reduced).

Now, you are ready to get to the part where you fill the gap with carbs. To structure your diet right, you should eat 1.0 to 1.5 grams of protein for every pound of your bodyweight. If you weigh 200 lbs, eat 200 grams of protein each day. That is 800 calories. You should get less than 100 grams fat per day. 100 grams fat is 900 calories. In this example, lets assume you get half that, 50 grams fat at 400 calories per day. If your caloric goal is 1,500 calories your goal of 200 grams protein and 50 grams fat adds up to 1,300 calories, leaving a 200 calorie gap that you can fill with 50 grams of carbs. Voila you have filled your caloric gap with carbs.

Again, all of this gets easier with exercise and a solid base of decent muscle. You should get those right for a year or two, before you engage in serious weight loss.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
There is so much you have not told us.
How much do you weigh?
What are you doing for exercise?

Is your 1,500 calorie per day goal calculated based on a formula, or real life testing?

A formula can give you a rough idea of what your caloric goal should be, but is no substitute for hard work. To do this right you will need to spend time measuring your food intake by weight/volume and content, use a journal to track your calories and macros (protein, fat & carbs), reach a caloric equilibrium so your weight is stable for a month or so, then gradually reduce calories until you are losing 2 lbs of bodyweight each week. In the first week you will lose as much as 4 lbs (this first week's weight loss will include some water as your sugar intake is reduced).

Now, you are ready to get to the part where you fill the gap with carbs. To structure your diet right, you should eat 1.0 to 1.5 grams of protein for every pound of your bodyweight. If you weigh 200 lbs, eat 200 grams of protein each day. That is 800 calories. You should get less than 100 grams fat per day. 100 grams fat is 900 calories. In this example, lets assume you get half that, 50 grams fat at 400 calories per day. If your caloric goal is 1,500 calories your goal of 200 grams protein and 50 grams fat adds up to 1,300 calories, leaving a 200 calorie gap that you can fill with 50 grams of carbs. Voila you have filled your caloric gap with carbs.

Again, all of this gets easier with exercise and a solid base of decent muscle. You should get those right for a year or two, before you engage in serious weight loss.
This right here.

Even my 130 lbs female competitors lose bodyfat at 1500 calories on a 33/33/34 diet. If you are not losing bodyfat at 1500 calories a day on a high protein lower carb diet then you have some major hormonal issues, lay in bed all day long or really suck at measuring your food, because you are probably eating a lot more.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
1500 is pretty low

u might be in starvation mode if u train regularly

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I don’t think he is understanding where to start. But it’s already been mentioned. Maybe you’re not understanding. You need to figure out what your current calorie intake is that you are stuck at. Use an app that tells you how many fats, carbs and protein are in each food that you eat. And it will tell you how many calories. Add that up for the day. If you don’t eat same every day you will need to figure out those foods also. That will be your starting calories. Your maintenance calories. Then you can start with something like 500calories less every day. Preferably from carb sources. Or however you want to do it. You could do 3 days at 500 calories less then one day at maintenance calories. Repeat - 3 days low, 1 day maintenance. For example. Or just drop 200 calories every day to start. Many ways to skin a cat.

J

jacobss

Apr 26, 2024
mine stop too, i hate that other people eat a lot, and dont get fat, how is it work

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
My body fat is 24 now and bmi 28. Months ago, body fat 29 and bmi 31.
I eat protein and some carbs.
Example breakfast 2 eggs with bacon and sometimes toast.
Lunch chicken salad with crackers and occasionally a yogurt.
Dinner meat and avocados and, at times, a small handful of rice.
I used to lift not for bodybuilding but health here and there but got injured.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
I cycle my caloric intake to avoid plateaus. Usually Tuesday and Wednesday are higher calories, carbs and fat, the other days lower calories, low carbs, fats with much higher protein intake. You have to find what works for your body then be willing change it for a while to trick your body.
Oh yeah, be patient with yourself during the plateaus. Honestly this is when dieting counts the most. You have to dig a little deeper with your mind, body and spirit and enjoy chasing your goals.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I love eating too damn much. Bottom line. The silver lining is all that I actually grow when I eat excess. I have been "in deficit" over a year and not lost a pound. I cannot have cheat meals. Even one a week ruins the progress somehow, and that's at 2100 calorie a day. My best progress ever was not having cheat meals and maintaining that approximate total intake for a few months. Once I got a few weeks into it, I didn't really feel deprived and the progress and way I felt was very motivating to keep going. It feels so damn good when you have your diet so consistently clean... I had zero inflammation and bloat. I wish I could get back to that point, but I swear it sometimes feels like my body is literally starving for energy and pushes me into that primal "eat now, motherfucker," which then makes me rationalize stuffing my face with clean and garbage food (honestly, though, the garbage food tastes so good). And now I've been dicking around with low-dose Anadrol, and it seems to increase my appetite even more. Everything in life is cyclical. I'm hoping I can eventually come back around to the proper mindset and readiness to push to my original goal of 8% (I only made it to 11%). I don't have a reason for it other than just wanting to do it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic

Snachito1 ,