Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

My little Pony

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Hey REDNECK With changing the pulleys will he need to change the thermostat to keep from overheating. I know on the 90 model chevy silverados pulleys made them over heat in traffic if u didn't change the thermostat out.

That's a good question. I have yet to read anyone having to do that, but that's a good question that I didnt even think of. I know in the past I have had to do that as well.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The mid pipe? Is this the X pipe?

That is kind of a finishing touch to the exhaust.

If you want a loud exhaust, get a SLP Loudmout I or II.

I had a SLP LM I on my camaro and it was LOUD. I loved it.

They're priced great too.

Do the cat back first then if you wanna do headers change the headers and mid pipe or X pipe at the same time. The catalytic converter should be part of the mid pipe or X pipe so when you change it I think you'll also have to change the cats.

I wasn't sure if you wanted to do headers or not.

Headers would be great, but they usually end up falling low on my list due to cost. They are def a great upgrade though.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Flow masters are garbage. That chamber design is horrible. It's all marketing. I always go with magnaflow. You cannot beat the performance for the money.

So when you change the mid pipe, is it making the car louder? I can barely hear my exhaust at all stock.

Thanks for he replies. I was hoping you would see this thread. I was asking in chat box if you were around one day because I was hoping you could give me some insight on where to start with this. I found out that the underdrive pulleys are only producing about 7 to 8 hp, however, at $150 that's a great deal for horsepower that needs no additional work or tuning

Go after an x-pipe. It will make the car louder and add more rwhp then a cat-back (Or in your cars case its an axle back system).... you are going to for the larger diameter, hi-flow cats or if you live where there is no emissions get the off-road...... get the off-road (catless) x-pipe....Pypes makes a great quality one at a very reasonable price.

The mid pipe? Is this the X pipe?

That is kind of a finishing touch to the exhaust.

If you want a loud exhaust, get a SLP Loudmout I or II.

Do the cat back first then if you wanna do headers change the headers and mid pipe or X pipe at the same time. The catalytic converter should be part of the mid pipe or X pipe so when you change it I think you'll also have to change the cats.

With these cars the axle-back is a finishing touch. The mid-pipe with the factory cats and resonator in it, is a huge bottle neck. We only saw a 5 rwhp gain on the dyno with only doing a kooks axle back. not worth the money. When the mid pipe uncorks at least double that. for a bit less cost.

but ultimately if you do both at the same time that's the best bang and sound. But if cost is an issue, swap that factory crap for a good off road x-pipe.

Hey REDNECK With changing the pulleys will he need to change the thermostat to keep from overheating. I know on the 90 model chevy silverados pulleys made them over heat in traffic if u didn't change the thermostat out.

Yes, always change the thermostat as a rule of thump with under-drives. But yet you don't want to go to low on it.

Also with the under-drives, personally I would leave the stock alternator pulley on, it will greatly cut down on any potential electrical drain at ideal. you won't miss the hp loss from doing so. And you run a less likely chance of trashing the battery out sooner then it should be.

Headers would be great, but they usually end up falling low on my list due to cost. They are def a great upgrade though.

Headers are great thats for sure..... But spend money on them, get american racing or kooks. Unless you want a leaky POS sound spend the money!!!

Really with full exhaust, tune, CAI, minor suspension upgrades and some wheels and tires your car would be fun as hell to drive.

Then

Supercharger it.... Put 8psi down its throat..Run 10s in a lightly modded car with the a/c on.. Thats my solution...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic