Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

My little Pony

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Just making sure. I love the mustangs but love my diesels too. I had a customer who had full cooks exhaust on his 5.0 and it sounded good. His dumbass blew the motor and now has a new 5.0 and not sure what exhuast he has but I don't like the way it sounds. His car was running choppy sounding so I asked him what can he had in it. He said the factory one this is the tune that makes it sound like that. ? Wonder why u blew your motor? Making a car idel ruff and misfire. Lol dumbass kids man.

Almost sounds like he didn't have enough back pressure for the tune either (A/F ratio jacked up?).

Honestly, exhausts are really expensive these days. It's like $1500+ for full exhaust, and with a gain of only 15hp for the full exhaust, it's not great hp/$. This is why I will just be adding mufflers, tuning and being done with the engine. Hell, there already isn't enough traction from the factory, so wheels, tires and suspension will probably increase performance more than an exhaust, especially with the ass drop I get when I take off. I noticed the CTS-V had absolutely no ass drop t all, and it seemed to make the car faster and more stable.

*Edit* Forgot underdrive pulleys. For about $150, you can gain 15 or so hp. Such cheap and easy hp, might as well!!

Last edited:
RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Don't mess around with changing the mufflers. Change the mid pipe instead, those mufflers flow great up to about 500 fwhp. The real bottle neck is the mid pipe.

Underdrive pulleys

Jlt Cold air intake

Dyno Tune it... not some junk ass mail order programmer, strap that Bitch down to some rollers and have it done correctly.

Basic Rear suspension up grades and good tires.

Your in the basement 12s easy at long as you can drive

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Yea usually engine break in is recommended for 1,000 miles.

Don't exceed a certain rpm, don't use the cruise control, down shift more during break in.

The idea is to keep the motor not at a constant rpm.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
And if you put anything other the a procharger or large turbo on it forced induction wise, I'll be forced to reach through the internet and dick punch you sir!!

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Very nice.

I had a few 5.0 Mustangs when I was younger. These new ones are a whole new animal though.

I'd love to scoop one up but I need 4 doors right now so sticking with my Charger SRT8.

Congrats & Enjoy.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Don't mess around with changing the mufflers. Change the mid pipe instead, those mufflers flow great up to about 500 fwhp. The real bottle neck is the mid pipe.

Underdrive pulleys

Jlt Cold air intake

Dyno Tune it... not some junk ass mail order programmer, strap that Bitch down to some rollers and have it done correctly.

Basic Rear suspension up grades and good tires.

Your in the basement 12s easy at long as you can drive

I want some sound though!! I will still change the mid pipe, that's not a problem.

What suspension set up do you recommend?

as for the tuning, my only issue is, the mail order tuners, like Bama, have tuned hundreds of Mustangs, where as the local shop has only tuned a couple, and, in many cases, end up with less power because they don't know how to do it. For instance, several guys found out their shop tuned it in 4th gear, when the new GTs should be tuned/dynoed in 5th.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
lookin great man... mustang is absolutely the best bang for your buck. If anyone says Pontiac GTO I will slap the shit out of you! It's a damn economy coupe that dreams of being a real race car! Horrible looks IMO>

a new rear suspension setup was the best investment I ever made, especially since I put a kick ass system in the trunk! I made my own fiberglass housings so it wasn't that heavy but youd be surprised at what a few extra pounds can do to increase drop in the back and in turn increase drag.... evil drag!

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I want some sound though!! I will still change the mid pipe, that's not a problem.

What suspension set up do you recommend?

as for the tuning, my only issue is, the mail order tuners, like Bama, have tuned hundreds of Mustangs, where as the local shop has only tuned a couple, and, in many cases, end up with less power because they don't know how to do it. For instance, several guys found out their shop tuned it in 4th gear, when the new GTs should be tuned/dynoed in 5th.

Always take it to a reputable tuner.. .... The thing is with mail orders is that it's a general time across the board, every car in my experience takes different changes in different parameter to meet the same goal. Any shop not tuning in the 1.0:1 gear needs to be out of business

You'll be surprisingly impressed with the amount of noise the stock muffler will make.... If you do decide to go with s different muffler set up , go with a straight flow muffler like magnaflow or borla... stay away from baffled mufflers...4 valve motors need to breath at high rpm baffled mufflers like flowmaster or dynomax super turbo, will restrict top end flow.

Suspension. change the upper and lower control arms. and the rubber bushings for some polyurethane ones.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Flow masters are garbage. That chamber design is horrible. It's all marketing. I always go with magnaflow. You cannot beat the performance for the money.

So when you change the mid pipe, is it making the car louder? I can barely hear my exhaust at all stock.

Thanks for he replies. I was hoping you would see this thread. I was asking in chat box if you were around one day because I was hoping you could give me some insight on where to start with this. I found out that the underdrive pulleys are only producing about 7 to 8 hp, however, at $150 that's a great deal for horsepower that needs no additional work or tuning

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Flow masters are garbage. That chamber design is horrible. It's all marketing. I always go with magnaflow. You cannot beat the performance for the money.

So when you change the mid pipe, is it making the car louder? I can barely hear my exhaust at all stock.

Thanks for he replies. I was hoping you would see this thread. I was asking in chat box if you were around one day because I was hoping you could give me some insight on where to start with this. I found out that the underdrive pulleys are only producing about 7 to 8 hp, however, at $150 that's a great deal for horsepower that needs no additional work or tuning

The mid pipe? Is this the X pipe?

That is kind of a finishing touch to the exhaust.

If you want a loud exhaust, get a SLP Loudmout I or II.

I had a SLP LM I on my camaro and it was LOUD. I loved it.

They're priced great too.

Do the cat back first then if you wanna do headers change the headers and mid pipe or X pipe at the same time. The catalytic converter should be part of the mid pipe or X pipe so when you change it I think you'll also have to change the cats.

I wasn't sure if you wanted to do headers or not.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Hey REDNECK With changing the pulleys will he need to change the thermostat to keep from overheating. I know on the 90 model chevy silverados pulleys made them over heat in traffic if u didn't change the thermostat out.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Looks fun I LIKE it!!!!!!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic