Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Liver Protection

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
You can buy TUDCA at phfsupplements.com; I've heard very good things about it! rt...

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
You can buy TUDCA at phfsupplements.com; I've heard very good things about it! rt...

Now i wonder if this is good at filter the liver so to speak in order to help break down cholesterol?

Haha nvrm found the answer:

2. Promotes healthy cholesterol levels

Ursodeoxycholic acid (udca) is a secondary bile acid in the body. It also helps the digestive track breakdown cholesterol. It is the only FDA approved drug to treat cirrhosis. It has been shown to reduce jaundice and liver enzymes.

Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid(TUDCA)

Can be found on amazon as a powder and a few other places

Last edited:
Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I have to read up on TUDCA, never tried that one before. Interesting. I've been hearing a lot of good about it.

I've used NAC and swear by it, good stuff.

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
I have to read up on TUDCA, never tried that one before. Interesting. I've been hearing a lot of good about it.

I've used NAC and swear by it, good stuff.

I posted a link above as did a few other gents. Check it out. I feel Tudca is the best liver supp out right now.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
Liver Longer contains TUDCA.

Thanks! Seems vary scarce, hard to find anymore?!

ALSO WHAT IS A GOOD DOSAGE?

A few people carry it coupled w nac....

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Been using NAC for years.

Good list to explore. Thanks.

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014

250-500mg Ed. 250 is fine but if running hard core orals blast i would use 500mg daily.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

Sorry but using NAC as a "liver protector" is like having insurance on a car you don't drive.

WHY? Because NACs MOA is the restoration of GLUTATHIONE stores, which AAS do NOT deplete.

However NAC is EFFECTIVE for acetaminophen intoxication because excessive APAP DOES deplete Glutathione!

Consequently using NAC as a preventative measure for oral AAS use is an absolute waste of money, and the evidence is IRREFUTABLE!

Regs
JIM

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Now i wonder if this is good at filter the liver so to speak in order to help break down cholesterol?

Haha nvrm found the answer:

2. Promotes healthy cholesterol levels

Ursodeoxycholic acid (udca) is a secondary bile acid in the body. It also helps the digestive track breakdown cholesterol. It is the only FDA approved drug to treat cirrhosis. It has been shown to reduce jaundice and liver enzymes.

Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid(TUDCA)

Can be found on amazon as a powder and a few other places

Bile acids have been used in patients with known liver disease and as prophylactic agents yet do NOT effect outcome, so rest assured anything you have heard to the contrary is either some invention of a supplement company, or a blog parrot.

If you really want to diminish the possibility of hepatic injury? LOWER the DOSE and/or DURATION (<6 WEEKS) of oral AAS use.

Regs
jim

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
Sorry but using NAC as a "liver protector" is like having insurance on a car you don't drive.

WHY? Because NACs MOA is the restoration of GLUTATHIONE stores, which AAS do NOT deplete.

However NAC is EFFECTIVE for acetaminophen intoxication because excessive APAP DOES deplete Glutathione!

Consequently using NAC as a preventative measure for oral AAS use is an absolute waste of money, and the evidence is IRREFUTABLE!

Regs
JIM

Not being a D--k, but i do have to ask u this:

If it is IRREFUTABLE, then please by all means explain and please post up evidence...so that people can be educated as to why this is true....?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012

Regs
JIM
Maybe, but it's certainly not going to do you any harm and especially if it's ran with a good dose/quuality of milk thistle. No?

I've had clients (and myself) noticeably drop their ALT/AST values solely from NAC, but then there wasn't any AAS involved so I guess what you are saying still holds true in that regard.

Cheers for the info Jim, MF.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic