Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
liver protection. what do y'all use?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Not to use products that damager my liver. Haha. Actually, that is the truth. I also take NAC twice a day, because it is cheap and why not?

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Every morning I take TUDCA and NAC, wash it down with green tea/ chamomile with half a lemon squeezed in, while I do my fasted cardio(best time for me to do cardio regardless of everyone saying that you don't lose any more fat than normal). I pick a meal during the day and take Liv.52 DS after, then another meal a little higher in carbs and add ALA. Most importantly I drink between 1-2 gallons of water every day. Vitamin C is also decent for the liver and I take 2 grams a day but I do that more for cortisol control.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
NAC and UDCA. I had a source for real pharma UDCA while WCBB was still going.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I would puke, I haven't drank in 22yrs.
I recently learned about ora flavor, I destroyed all everclear liquid orals and remade them so wife would continue consuming.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Really I don't use much of anything. I do drink 3-4 bottles of Italian wine every week. I have a glass during meal prep and another when I sit down to eat the first meal from it. At the week end I have 1/2 to one bottle both Friday and Saturday night. My liver values are in range or one or the other is slightly high, most likely from after a hard workout. I don't take a lot of orals and when I do I don't dose them high and never did. When I was young I would stay on dianabol or winstrol for 12 weeks but never over 30 mg/d. For my personal biology, I just don't think orals or other AAS are that taxing on the liver at least at the doses I have used. I concern myself more with heart health, BP, heart rate, hematocrit, kidney values. Plus we tend to put ourselves all in the same category as users. A recreational user might do a cycle somewhere between 500 -1500 mg total per week. More serous users and competitors are probably in the double that or more range. Maybe that's where some of the liver/kidney protestants can do some good. Probably the best all around protection is probably BP control sicne hypertention is a bitch for heart, circulatory and kidney health. But be careful with those too. Over do those and can be trouble as well. I've seen it in the elderly mostly but still.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
My liver value was pretty high and I wasn't on anything at the time besides rx trt dose I will post my labs later today

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Same old stuff...milk thistle, livaide, NAC & TUDCA. But now that I am finished competing this year, my body is done too so I am coming off everything, OTC and dark side sups for a minimum of 3 months but preferably for 6 months.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Really I don't use much of anything. I do drink 3-4 bottles of Italian wine every week. I have a glass during meal prep and another when I sit down to eat the first meal from it. At the week end I have 1/2 to one bottle both Friday and Saturday night. My liver values are in range or one or the other is slightly high, most likely from after a hard workout. I don't take a lot of orals and when I do I don't dose them high and never did. When I was young I would stay on dianabol or winstrol for 12 weeks but never over 30 mg/d. For my personal biology, I just don't think orals or other AAS are that taxing on the liver at least at the doses I have used. I concern myself more with heart health, BP, heart rate, hematocrit, kidney values. Plus we tend to put ourselves all in the same category as users. A recreational user might do a cycle somewhere between 500 -1500 mg total per week. More serous users and competitors are probably in the double that or more range. Maybe that's where some of the liver/kidney protestants can do some good. Probably the best all around protection is probably BP control sicne hypertention is a bitch for heart, circulatory and kidney health. But be careful with those too. Over do those and can be trouble as well. I've seen it in the elderly mostly but still.
I was the same Glyco. Not once have my liver numbers ever been outside the normal range, but I also do not abuse orals. My doses, like yours, would be considered mild by most. If I went up to 40-50 mg (anavar and winstrol) then I would only run them for 4-6 weeks. If I kept the doses lower, I would run them for 8 weeks. D-bol I always kept at 25 mg for a max of 6 weeks and anadrol was 50-100 mg for 2-3 weeks. HDL was really my only problem, as it would get down to the 30's. BP might get up to 145/85 towards the end. To me that is high, but for many on the board that is still good. Haha.

norm

norm

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2023
Ha! Speaking of liquor, NAC is great to help prevent hangovers. I normally take it twice a day anyway, and a couple extra on my occasional binges. Seems to work well for me. I had read something years ago about this use of NAC.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Labs below. Tsh indicates hypo but my t3 and 4 levels are fine? Then ast

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-11-11-41-25-71_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-11-11-41-25-71_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20231011_113816.jpg
    IMG_20231011_113816.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 49