jacobss

Lifting shoes

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Find a cobbler RR and see if

My first thought: "Mmmmm...cobbler..." #fatpeopleproblems

And not to be a post whore, I know switching from AirMaxes to the Adidas Powerlift 2,0 was an amazing upgrade for me... How much of an upgrade is it, to the shoes yall are talking about, from the PL 2's?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
My first thought: "Mmmmm...cobbler..." #fatpeopleproblems

And not to be a post whore, I know switching from AirMaxes to the Adidas Powerlift 2,0 was an amazing upgrade for me... How much of an upgrade is it, to the shoes yall are talking about, from the PL 2's?

Your powerlift 2.0 shoe's heels start to compress when you over 405 on your back. There's a guy at our gym with the same shoe so I get to see it when it happens. The others in question won't compress at all even when you put 600+ on your back. So you get a greater transfer of energy when you squat.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I love my Adipowers. When I crank them up, they are a part of me and I feel like I'm nailed down to the floor.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Your powerlift 2.0 shoe's heels start to compress when you over 405 on your back. There's a guy at our gym with the same shoe so I get to see it when it happens. The others in question won't compress at all even when you put 600+ on your back. So you get a greater transfer of energy when you squat.

That fuxking sucks! I bought those because I was going over 500 smh...

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Inov-8 (from Amazon for $146) ... I thought these would be a lesser expensive, but similar option to the Adipowers. I use them for squat and bench.

Converse Chuck Taylors ... which I use for deadlifts.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That fuxking sucks! I bought those because I was going over 500 smh...

Well... it doesn't deform by a large amount and it's a HELLUVA lot better than any street shoe, period. But, if you're doing well with a raised heel than I would suggest make the investment on a pair of Oly shoes. They cost a bit more but worth every penny. You can still press and OHP in your 2.0's if you want to keep using them.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Inov-8 (from Amazon for $146) ... I thought these would be a lesser expensive, but similar option to the Adipowers. I use them for squat and bench.

Converse Chuck Taylors ... which I use for deadlifts.

It's a good look alike but when looked at closer you'll see a big difference in the heel which is KEY to an Oly shoe. There are actual gaps in your Inovo's heals (you can see through the shoe's heel) and imho that means weak points in the heel. It's not 1 solid piece like the AdiPowers. Adidas does shave weight off the heel with it's design but it's 1 piece with no holes/gaps.

Also, Adidas have been doing this for decades and Inovo is trying to get into this market. Personally, I want the shoe with years of experience. This may not mean much to you but I also want a shoe that I know can stand up to the wear and tear and heavy workloads. I've seen people squat over 700 with the AdiPowers and I've seen Oly lifters use this shoe for years and years performing thousands of snatches, c&j's, and assisting lifts.

I hope they workout great for you CL.

Last edited:
alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
Another vote for the Adipower's. I used to have the Nike Romaleos (version 1) and they were heavy as shit, almost as heavy as the VS squat shoes. I've tried the newer Romeleos and they are much lighters. I still prefer my Adidas over them just out of sheer comfort. I've not seen the new pendlays in person but I have heard great things about them

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Another vote for the Adipower's. I used to have the Nike Romaleos (version 1) and they were heavy as shit, almost as heavy as the VS squat shoes. I've tried the newer Romeleos and they are much lighters. I still prefer my Adidas over them just out of sheer comfort. I've not seen the new pendlays in person but I have heard great things about them

VS.... you're going back with those. The white and black. I haven't seen those in years.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
VS.... you're going back with those. The white and black. I haven't seen those in years.

haha that was many years ago indeed. I do have to say my VS shoes lasted me over 3 years and never started to break down. The price and the longevity made up for the 5 pounds it added to each foot haha

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Funny we're talking about Oly shoes b/c I'm going back to my old stomping ground (Oly facility) this coming Wed. What goes best with Oly shoes......???? An Eleiko training bar and Eleiko bumpers. I get all hot and bothered just thinking about that bar.

C

Ctown208

Mar 9, 2014
I use the Adidas AdiPowers but they are a bit pricey ($199). They are truly impressive and great. I'm glad I bough them but also let's be honest. I got them b/c some crack head broke into my truck and stole 2k worth of training equipment and I got 1500 from the insurance company so I spared no expense.

For the money, the best shoe on the market are the Pendalys 2014. They are exactly like the Nike Romaleos but for MUCH less.

Here you go....

Anyone have any input on how these work with wide feet?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic