What's New?

Let's talk about DOMS

• Thread starter cockswole_gentleman
  • Start Date
Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
DOMS...... delayed onset muscle soreness?

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
yes. Mine kicks in more like 48hrs than 24.
Mmmmk so from my experience with dieting and training. Those two go hand in hand for DOMS. Gear aside because obviously depending on what your cycling that's going to improve recovery time.
First I'd recommend a fitbit or something like that to know exactly your expenditure in a day. Then you know weather your eating in a deficit, at maintenance, or in a surplus.
From my experience with myself. In a surplus DOMS take longer typically around 36-48hr window when I'm in a deficit DOMS hit within 24hr or less. Currently I'm in roughly an 800cal deficit on training days. I only manipulate carbs mainly. Fats a bit but not much.
If I'm in a huge deficit I don't experience much for DOMS cause the energy isn't really there to push hard enough to tears tissue and rebuild it.
Hopefully this is helpful.
I have trained with a hand full of high level powerlifters and they all experience DOMS around 36hr mark and were always eating in a surplus. Big Boyz! Lol

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
yes. Mine kicks in more like 48hrs than 24.
Actually in addition to my more thorough reply I should note.... if eating in a deficit DOMS are hitting me in less than 24 hrs lol cause I'm sore af these days. Trained shoulder last night and was feeling it when I got up to pee in the wee hrs of the morning lol so ya my DOMS are like 8-24hrs these days. Feels amazing to be sore though. I'm not currently on cycle either.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Probably a combination of more manual labor, lower test, over training due to less down time to recover. Stimulate don't annihilate especially now with less time for recovery. Since your training 3 days a wk I would highly recommend Dogg Crapp training as it will guide you through overtraining, no guess work.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Actually in addition to my more thorough reply I should note.... if eating in a deficit DOMS are hitting me in less than 24 hrs lol cause I'm sore af these days. Trained shoulder last night and was feeling it when I got up to pee in the wee hrs of the morning lol so ya my DOMS are like 8-24hrs these days. Feels amazing to be sore though. I'm not currently on cycle either.
I don't get sore when I get up in the middle of the night to pee, but I do get mild euphoria when my aim is good.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I don't get sore when I get up in the middle of the night to pee, but I do get mild euphoria when my aim is good.

Funny you mention that, Raw. You ever go to pee in the middle of the night and just don't feel like dealing with the light? You think you got things lined up, start peeing and don't hear it hitting the water. Then you start moving around trying to find the target and only make things worse. So then you end up having to turn the light on anyway, blinding yourself, while you grab a wad of toilet paper to mop up your indiscretion. Then you're annoyed and wide awake. Should have just turned on the light.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Funny you mention that, Raw. You ever go to pee in the middle of the night and just don't feel like dealing with the light? You think you got things lined up, start peeing and don't hear it hitting the water. Then you start moving around trying to find the target and only make things worse. So then you end up having to turn the light on anyway, blinding yourself, while you grab a wad of toilet paper to mop up your indiscretion. Then you're annoyed and wide awake. Should have just turned on the light.
OR!! ya'll could just sit lol

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
It's not that easy to sit down in the dark and navigate your crushed pee pee between your legs and aim down to piss. LOL

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I actually have a urinal on my stand I use on leg days. I use delta 9 to sleep and if you get up in the middle of the night and almost fall over from the buzz.
Now how did we get to night urination in a DOM thread. LOL

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I actually have a urinal on my stand I use on leg days. I use delta 9 to sleep and if you get up in the middle of the night and almost fall over from the buzz.
Now how did we get to night urination in a DOM thread. LOL

As usual, it involved @rawdeal.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic