Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Keep an eye out for this one

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Well there is obviously a crime problem there and I hate fuking thieves BUT, bottom line you cant shoot an unarmed person just for snooping your shit. You would have to be IN that car to call it self defence, sorry, but thats a fact. Im not calling him wrong for defending his property and family, but hes probably gonna get convicted is my guess.

C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010
I'm not siding with the criminal. He's a low life thief and I don't feel bad for what happened to him (which I already wrote above if you read more carefully) but your tough guy attitude will get you locked up like the guy in the story. He wasn't defending himself, he saw someone breaking into his car and decided to kill him. I'd want to kill them too but I wouldn't be stupid enough to get myself thrown in jail like you would. I don't own a gun because not everyone needs a gun to defend themselves. I would have went after him unarmed and knocked him out until the cops arrived. If I actually did own a guy, hypothetically speaking, then I would have pointed it and told him to get on the ground until the cops arrived. This is how you stay out of jail.

What kind of stupid logic is this? You see someone breaking into your car and assume they "may" now break into your house (while you are watching them at this point) and then kill your entire family? Wow, hopefully you never have to take the stand in court for anything.

I despise all thieves with a passion and have had my car broken into before. Sure I would have loved to kill them if I knew who did it but it's not worth rotting in jail over. I hope this guy gets off somehow because I know exactly how he must have felt when he saw the kid breaking in. As much as it sucks, you have to be smarter than that though. You need to take less drastic measures in these situations. If you can grab him and hold him down until the cops come he'll get arrested and pay for it. You can't just shoot people because you are pissed, unfortunately.

Shortz posted this and you seemed to have either missed it or ignored it.

So for your reading pleasure I provide....

Justifiable homicide in Louisiana...

(4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40), against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the premises or motor vehicle.

Pretty sure he was trying to break in to his car.

C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010
Well there is obviously a crime problem there and I hate fuking thieves BUT, bottom line you cant shoot an unarmed person just for snooping your shit. You would have to be IN that car[b/] to call it self defence, sorry, but thats a fact. Im not calling him wrong for defending his property and family, but hes probably gonna get convicted is my guess.

Self defense has no bearing in this issue. Louisiana law clearly states attempted entry is all that is needed.

(4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40), against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the premises or motor vehicle.

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
Many of you are saying you would kill a kid for breaking into you car? Not me.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
This is totally different than the Zimmerman thing. Totally different set of facts. The shooter was not in any danger or under a threat. He had lots of other options than shooting.

I don't feel bad for the kid, he kinda got what he deserved, and probably saved the community from a lot of costs over the next 30 years (if he were to even live that long).

Unfortunately, since the neighborhood has to call the cops or shoo the boy away, he simply comes back again and again because he's confident he won't get caught. Good people in such communities see the writing on the wall, and simply exit the community, and the neighborhood goes to shit in less than a decade. Maybe the law should allow for such actions, but right now it doesn't.

Also, this isn't a racial issue. The kid would likely have gotten shot regardless of what color he was. The shooting happened at 2am, and most likely the shooter had no idea the race of the victim.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
The shooter said he thought the kid reached for something. This is at 2am in the dark and someone breaking onto your shit. A criminal isn't going to freeze when you point a gun at them like in the movies. They will run or make an aggressive move. In a split second you have to decide. Compound the fact that the guy was just woken up and adrenaline at full speed. Plus, he had no idea how old the perp was during the confrontation.

Bottom line, no 14 yo should be out at that time but the culture there knows that minors don't get into nearly as much penalties so they turn into scumbag theives or worse.

And how is it racial when 99% of the perps are black in the area committing the crimes? I live in an area that comprises 5% blacks yet every single armed robbery is committed by blacks. Yet whites are racists? No. It seems the blacks actions are teaching the general population that they are violent and are criminals over time. There own actions create a hostile environment yet they use the racist card when it has nothing to do with race other than their own race ****ing themselves over.

Last edited:
1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010

The courts have probably interpreted that statute to mean that if you are lawfully inside a dwelling, you can use deadly force to prevent someone from unlawfully entering it. Or if you are lawfully inside a business, you can use deadly force to prevent someone from unlawfully entering it. Or if you are lawfully inside a vehicle, you can use deadly force to prevent someone from unlawfully entering it.

I think to get out of this one the defendant is going to have to say that he went out to investigate, taking his gun to protect himself if necessary, and when the kid reached for what appeared to be a gun he reasonably believed his life was in danger and fired in self defense. If the defendant says he shot the kid for breaking into his car he will lose.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
This is nothing like the Zimmerman case and he's going to jail for this for sure.

Has a trial already happened or are you just playing judge, jury and executioner?

He wasn't in any danger, he shot and killed the kid because he wanted to.

Proof? When someone enters my property looking to rob me I would feel like I'm in danger, I don't have all the facts but 2am I hear someone breaking into my car I'm thinking maybe the house is next.

He could have chased him and the kid would have run away

How do you know he would have ran away, maybe he would have proceeded to cause bodily harm to this individual. I don't identify myself in a combative situation, shoot and ask questions later because my life is worth it.

or he could have just walked outside with the gun and yelled at him and went from there.

It isn't about if one option is better than the other but rather what is legal and what is not. Here's an idea, want to live and not be harmed, don't try to rob people. The person doing the shooting could not confirm the person was unarmed, without a group of people etc. so acted in a way to best defend himself and his property.

He had so many choices but he chose to pull the trigger and that's why he's going to jail for 2nd degree murder.

Choices do not equal unlawful action. BEYOND THAT he hasn't been convicted yet nor should be be as the actions taken were lawful. The court of public opinion is a crappy one.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
The only time this guy was in trouble or danger was when he voluntarily went outside to confront the other person, all he had to do was call 911, sit inside his locked house with his gun (just in case) and wait for the police.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The only time this guy was in trouble or danger was when he voluntarily went outside to confront the other person, all he had to do was call 911, sit inside his locked house with his gun (just in case) and wait for the police.

I love this liberal mentality. Expecting the government to completely protect you, your property, and your family. This is what is causing crime rates to skyrocket. No one has your best interest as much as you do, and expecting the government to be worried about your "petty" property is laughable. They have so much on their plate, they don't do hardly any investigating at all to solve the crime, especially in a neighborhood like this one.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011

Bro, some cities in the US no longer respond to property crimes because of the budget cuts, my city was one of them for a year or so.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic