Latest Member
thejudge
What's New?

Just read the book "Cobalt Red: How the Blood of the Congo Powers Our Lives"

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I was not on board with electric vehicles before I read it as they are just an expensive way to virtue signal. But after reading it and learning the history of the people of the Congo I am even more against it. That and how China has no regard for human rights in their own country and certainly not for the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The same people that drive EVs are likely to have a BLM sticker on the back. If they drive an EV they absolutely do not give one shit about ALL black people, just ones shot by police or white people.

I challenge you to read it. Our western leaders all push for EVs to become the norm even though if you consider the carbon output from start to finish they are NOT good for the environment. THEY KNOW that men, women and little children are being maimed and killed working for pennies a day in horrific conditions and still push to have us all in EVs. There is no chain of cobalt that is not tainted with human exploitation and child labor. Their own government bears a huge blame but the whole world does to. China for creating a new slave state in DRC, to feed the demand for EVs for the west.

Read it if you will and tell me how you feel after. Makes me feel impotent to help them. I decided the best thing I could do is to let people know so they can be educated with the facts.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason, blacks exploiting blacks seems to be just fine with the social justice warriors. Or at least it's a "don't care."

I'm not opposed to EVs per se, but they need to compete with regular combustion engines on an even playing field, and when they do, they fail miserably. Face it, gasoline is extremely energy dense, is portable, and when the gov't gets out of the way, it's quite cheap.

I've always wondered why natural gas vehicles haven't gotten pushed. In my locale, fleet vehicles and public buses run on natural gas, and have done so for decades, so I know that it's not some new, exotic technology. Natural gas burns clean, and we've got tons of it. Why don't we take the couple billion of "clean energy" subsidies, and build out natural gas infrastructure, so you can get natural gas or gasoline at every gas station in the country.

Do that and push nuclear power, and voila, less pollution. Unfortunately, cheap energy gives the citizen more power as each consumer has choices and discretionary income, and gov't can't have that.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Like the old saying quote "follow the money"

That's why there's a push for EV"s.

It's never had anything to do with the environment it's just another way for someone else to make money.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I knew this post would not get much traction but thanks for you fellas posting. You are both 100% right.

We have natural gas trucks in our fleet, They are wicked slow and carrying around compressed flammable gas is a bit of a prob (Same with hydrogen as a fuel source.)

Only reason EVs are being sold so much now is subsidies and ignorant people who think they are better for the environment.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ tuff, it's all about the $ you are right.

I can solve the prob right now. Put a small super efficient turbo diesel in a car or truck as a generator with a small battery pack like a hybrid. The diesel will not propel the car but be run as a generator for electric motors. You can use old battery tech which takes 1/10th the minerals to produce and because they are WAY smaller have a very minimal impact on carbon. You get a crazy torquey vehicle and on 10 gallons of fuel can go 1,000 miles with a much smaller carbon footprint than EVs.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I knew this post would not get much traction but thanks for you fellas posting. You are both 100% right.

We have natural gas trucks in our fleet, They are wicked slow and carrying around compressed flammable gas is a bit of a prob (Same with hydrogen as a fuel source.)

Only reason EVs are being sold so much now is subsidies and ignorant people who think they are better for the environment.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ tuff, it's all about the $ you are right.

I can solve the prob right now. Put a small super efficient turbo diesel in a car or truck as a generator with a small battery pack like a hybrid. The diesel will not propel the car but be run as a generator for electric motors. You can use old battery tech which takes 1/10th the minerals to produce and because they are WAY smaller have a very minimal impact on carbon. You get a crazy torquey vehicle and on 10 gallons of fuel can go 1,000 miles with a much smaller carbon footprint than EVs.
That is an interesting idea. A diesel hybrid. “Crazy torquey”? Not if it’s running on an electric motor only. Right? The diesel motor is just charging the battery correct? I believe they have hybrids like this using gasoline. It’s been awhile since I looked into hybrids but what I remember there are a few different kinds. One uses the gas just to charge the battery. Some use the gas motor to move the driveshaft or charge the battery while running the electric motor.

I have seen the natural gas vehicles around too. I think the DC metro buses used them for awhile. The new ones are all electric. Just imagine how expensive that must have cost the taxpayers! And how many batteries it must need to move all that weight. Fucking unbelievable! The mainstream media is hiding all the negatives. It won’t come out till it’s too late and 90% of vehicles have been switched over if this country continues to vote for the Left. Then it will come out in 20years and we will take humanitarian steps to fix the slave labor, instead of switching back to combustion motors. By throwing money at the right people. More tax dollars. Just watch. Our next presidential election will be the most important election of the century. If the direction we are headed doesn’t change now I’m afraid it will be too late to change back in another 4. People need to wake up! I live in Maryland. Right next to Virginia. So we got all the candidate adds on TV. The republicans totally dropped the ball. Democrats ran on abortion and all there adds were lies about how the republican candidate was against all abortion, even rape. None of the republicans denied this in there adds. They underestimated how important the abortion laws of the state are to Americans. This is my opinion. I didn’t here this on any news outlet. This is what I saw and what I think happened. Republicans ran on economy and parents rights in schools. Which is very important but Americans still have a bad taste in there mouth about the overturn of Row vs Wade. Republicans are gonna lose big time if they totally condemn abortion as much as they’d like to. Or as much as most conservatives would like to rather. Need to slowly change it if that’s what you want. State elected republicans need to assure there people aren’t losing abortion. Depending on the state and peoples views in that state. I’m not sure how it’s going to affect the presidential election because it’s not up to the president or the federal government anymore. But whoever does run on the republican ticket needs to say they are not against all abortion if they want the votes. Not that they can change anything. But I think it’s that important and the right will lose to the left again if it’s not addressed. Imo.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Republicans have always sucked at marketing and playing the long game.
Party leadership needs to hand over reigns.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Kluso, I know there are cars like the prius, The gas motor propels the car. (Also way better for carbon than a EV) The trucks and such that will be coming out will use a gas motor as a dedicated generator. But why not use diesel? It is way more efficient.

J

JazmineWaters

Jan 17, 2023
Yo, just checked out the article. It's crazy eye-opening. Never really thought about the whole EV supply chain mess. Makes you wonder about the real cost, you know?

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yo, just checked out the article. It's crazy eye-opening. Never really thought about the whole EV supply chain mess. Makes you wonder about the real cost, you know?
Yeah that is just the worst facet of the supply chain. There is strip mining in eastern Europe that is horrible for the environment but not a human rights nightmare like the DRC

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
It's not about pollution. It's about control. Who controls the electric grid? What happens when everything goes electric - including appliances?

Can't go to far in your EV if the electric grid is shut down...

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022

Check it out a short version of the Documentary.
It's not about pollution. It's about control. Who controls the electric grid? What happens when everything goes electric - including appliances?

Can't go to far in your EV if the electric grid is shut down...

I will watch that documentary. Reading a book and hearing it does not do it justice like seeing it.

DYS, I think you are right. I am no conspiracy theorist but it I cannot discount what I see. The push towards compliance as in get the covid shots are you are an outcast. If you do not agree with "their" ideology you are a fascist nazi. It is not even double speak like in Orwell's 1984. Double speak is logic against logic where as this is emotion vs logic and emotion and feeling are found to be more important.

EVs are NOT good for the world BUT people feel they are so "they are" and if you say they are not good you are a fool even if you can provide facts. These sheep discount the facts and continue sticking their heads in the sand. That is why they want our guns. Much easier to subjugate an unarmed society.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic