Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Is test the only aas that can be used for trt?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Clomid is also used for trt but I have no experience with dosing...

Are you sure? Normally it's an alternative. Before starting someone on injections they will usually try and get you to run clomid for a few months. My endo wanted me to take 25mg eod for 6 months. I almost laughed her out of the room.

The point of the clomid as you know from pct is to try and restore testosterone production.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Are you sure? Normally it's an alternative. Before starting someone on injections they will usually try and get you to run clomid for a few months. My endo wanted me to take 25mg eod for 6 months. I almost laughed her out of the room.The point of the clomid as you know from pct is to try and restore testosterone production.
Agreed Pillar... I think I would tell mine to fuk himself if he thinks I am running clomid for 6 months and being an emotional bitch with no test for that long... 6 Weeks PCT is PUSHING IT!

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
I have seen trt protocols being issued by trt clinics that have them cycle test for 12 weeks. They then come off test with clomid & hcg for 4-6 weeks then back to test. No idea how effective this protocol is though. Seems very strange to me.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Are you sure? Normally it's an alternative. Before starting someone on injections they will usually try and get you to run clomid for a few months. My endo wanted me to take 25mg eod for 6 months. I almost laughed her out of the room.

The point of the clomid as you know from pct is to try and restore testosterone production.

That's what I read, alternative. Not familiar with it myself...

Ironmike72

Ironmike72

Aug 13, 2012
I have seen trt protocols being issued by trt clinics that have them cycle test for 12 weeks. They then come off test with clomid & hcg for 4-6 weeks then back to test. No idea how effective this protocol is though. Seems very strange to me.

That sounds crazy! Lol. If u seen it I take your word, but isn't that cycling?!! That's the standard Pct protocol I suggest for anyone I train with that isn't on trt & don't wanna bridge. Which is what I normally recommend. Especially if over 35... Younger Bro's I recommend no aas but no one listens. So I suggest pct, then @ least same time off, after pct, as on cycle.

Ironmike72

Ironmike72

Aug 13, 2012

Agreed VERY strange!!

Ironmike72

Ironmike72

Aug 13, 2012
Ive heard of people using low dose sustenon for trt. I always use test c or test e or test prop.

I (almost always) use sust for trt. It's UGL. Although I used to able to get if prescribed, idk if they still offer it. Thanks to big brother tegu don't offer 1/4 of what they used to! They had Stan, oxy, oxandralone, test with almost every ester, including susp. (No ester), test D, u name it. Then idk When govt cracked down. Can only order 2 vials of cyp @ a time. Weird, they're test e was almost double test cyp!?... Test " blend" was 160 compared to 95 for cyp....

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I posted same question on another board. Someone cruised on tren e for idk how long but bloods were horrid he said!!! I'd never consider tren!! Something non -Aromatizing, & more anabolic than androgenic.

I think that for trt purposes an aromatizing steroid would be beneficial, actually.

Ironmike72

Ironmike72

Aug 13, 2012
I think that for trt purposes an aromatizing steroid would be beneficial, actually.

Please enlighten me as to that. My reasoning for non-aromatizing would be not needing a semi toxic AI. Adex is by far IMO to be the safest, with tamoxifen & clomid having most neg sides....my trt clinic isn't the most idk how to say..... The most cautious?.. My PCP wants me to see an endo (which I may do, I just don't think he'll see it my way as far as a dosing schedule & idk what he'd say about ancillaries... If I go I'll find out!... Also not sure what insurance covers...

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Please enlighten me as to that. My reasoning for non-aromatizing would be not needing a semi toxic AI. Adex is by far IMO to be the safest, with tamoxifen & clomid having most neg sides....my trt clinic isn't the most idk how to say..... The most cautious?.. My PCP wants me to see an endo (which I may do, I just don't think he'll see it my way as far as a dosing schedule & idk what he'd say about ancillaries... If I go I'll find out!... Also not sure what insurance covers...

I'm no doctor so take this with a grain of salt. Estrogen is not always a bad thing. It's used for immune functions... joint health.. and even building muscle to a degree. I'm sure it does much more but I'm just not that educated. That being said, if you take aas you will suppress your natural test and estrogen. If your steroid does not aromatize then you are left with no estrogen. Thats not really a good thing.

Ironmike72

Ironmike72

Aug 13, 2012
I messed up cannot delete.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic