Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How often do you get bloods done?

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I get bloods done around 2x per year, and donate blood every 2 months. My crit is always at the very top end of normal, so I have to be on the spot with donating. I'm allergic to aspirin, so that is not an option. I might even need to start draining myself eventually.

My father has hemachromatosis, so he has to get bled out regularly.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I get bloods done around 2x per year, and donate blood every 2 months. My crit is always at the very top end of normal, so I have to be on the spot with donating. I'm allergic to aspirin, so that is not an option. I might even need to start draining myself eventually.

Mine too.
My wife is a nurse so I just do it at home every 2-3 months.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I see the Dr every 4 to 6 months for blood panels. Always the same tests. Cholesterol is always once a year. It's really good maintenance schedule, then if anything goes drastically wrong, then you can catch it early. I also donate blood every 56 days so my iron level stays normal and I help out anemic people. What's good about blood donation that is they routinely test your blood for everything on top of what the dr tests for.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I see the Dr every 4 to 6 months for blood panels. Always the same tests. Cholesterol is always once a year. It's really good maintenance schedule, then if anything goes drastically wrong, then you can catch it early. I also donate blood every 56 days so my iron level stays normal and I help out anemic people. What's good about blood donation that is they routinely test your blood for everything on top of what the dr tests for.

I was wondering about that Jack. Would they give you a call and let you know of any abnormalities or only if you were to have A disease or something severe? I'm guessing if you don't get a call, the blood tested out pretty decent and usable.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013

So when you donate blood do they inform you of the results of the testing? Or would they only call you if something were wrong?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
They would most likely send out a letter.....

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
They would most likely send out a letter.....

When I go for my yearly physical, I get a full report of the bloods sent to me by the Dr. It's good to keep an eye on things that are normal, but on the high end ie., my crit.

I obviously get the full report when I do bloods privately the other time of the year.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
My experience with blood donation is they ask you on a form if you want them to notify you of positive results for HIV etc. never any mention of lipids or sugar or anything.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012

I can't donate since I lived in Europe during the mad cow disease days.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic