Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Homebrew Inj L-Carnitine

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Interesting about the stem cell pool having increased in size. Longecity is just a hair short of being like Ray Peat. There's a guy there named Turnbuckle that sounds so knowledgeable (honestly on the fence about that). Supposedly, simple stearic acid can increase your stem cell pool. I tried it (you bake a lot of it into a pan of brownies), but it's another one of those things, how do I know if it did anything?

Interesting about the stem cell pool having increased in size. Longecity is just a hair short of being like Ray Peat. There's a guy there named Turnbuckle that sounds so knowledgeable (honestly on the fence about that). Supposedly, simple stearic acid can increase your stem cell pool. I tried it (you bake a lot of it into a pan of brownies), but it's another one of those things, how do I know if it did anything?
I ran out of time before my daughter got home from gymnastics but.
60ml
600mg/ml
Displacement 0.78 educated est
1% ba
Ph 10
Water solubility 2500g/l =2.5g/ml
Mine never fully went in solution or lot of insoluble junk. I said screw I'll work with what I got since time was up and take my fluid measurements. As I was filtering I blew out my filter. Daughter came home as I was hiding hotplate.
Lab notes
Fucking smells like fish, I hate seafood I was born on a tiny little lsland and I get nauseous smelling fish.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Yup, that's Carnitine. NAC and Glutathione also have a "unique" smell. The highest I've ever seen Carnitine is 1000mg/ml, and that was only once. I think beyond 500mg/ml it gets quite thick.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
People are getting back crazy telomere lengths after even only one cycle of Epithalon... like lengths customary for those much, much younger... like in their 20's. But again, no one knows if that translates into any real benefit.

Edit: I've actually done two full cycles of both Thymalin, Epithalon, and GHk-Cu (injectable). I'm due for this year's cycle, but damned if I'm injecting GHk-Cu anymore. Fuck that pain... and the lumps last over a year sometimes.
I'm behind on peptide knowledge. Studying as quickly as I can to catch up. I find some interesting, I find the business model even more interesting.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I was working on one last night but my displacement was all jacked up. 2 issues I suspect since there are many different types of L-c I was looking at the wrong msds, no biggie there is a way around that. 2. Need to create a batch to get base ph. blood has a normal pH range of 7.35 to 7.46, muscle ph roughly 7.1*, and "During intense exercise sustained to fatigue muscle pH decreases to about 6.4-6.6." Give me a wk I'll see what I can come up with. Granted there are recipes on line if you want to go that route.
Hmmmmm, I can test PH but how to buffer? Calcium carbonate to raise and asorbic acid to drop but never done this before. Maybe out of my ability.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
People are getting back crazy telomere lengths after even only one cycle of Epithalon... like lengths customary for those much, much younger... like in their 20's. But again, no one knows if that translates into any real benefit.

Edit: I've actually done two full cycles of both Thymalin, Epithalon, and GHk-Cu (injectable). I'm due for this year's cycle, but damned if I'm injecting GHk-Cu anymore. Fuck that pain... and the lumps last over a year sometimes.
You know, I've always wondered what happened to the Epithalon hype... I take it every six months for about 5-7 days the past few years but honestly haven't done the telomere exam... out of all my anti-aging protocols I have to admit I don't even know where to get one, where/how was yours?

To my original statement- Epithalon really kind of died down, i don't know if that's because you don't really "see/feel" it? I do sleep well when I take it, I don't think it's done anything "external" as far as skin, etc but I do so much in that area it would be hard to discern... I think it's more "internal" going back to the telomere length, but it's also relatively "newer" so who knows, MAYBE it will help us when we are in our 70's or 80's.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Stearic acid- get some cocoa butter and use that in most your baked goods, even coffee.... 33% stearic acid.

Beef tallow- maybe 27% IIRC? Replace any butter or cooking oils, etc... put in coffee

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Hmmmmm, I can test PH but how to buffer? Calcium carbonate to raise and asorbic acid to drop but never done this before. Maybe out of my ability.
I tested ph before filtering. Next experiment I will warm filter if it looks like insolubles are handling out, then test and test after .20 filter. Or sodium bicarbonate or vinegar maybe muriatic acid, you can make or buy hydrochloric acid, lemon juice. I trying to think of on hand stuff. I will see if I can find a formula that will calculate how much buffer per vol to lower. I thinking of leaving some Distilled water out to account for anything that may need to be added the add appropriate vol back in.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
You know, I've always wondered what happened to the Epithalon hype... I take it every six months for about 5-7 days the past few years but honestly haven't done the telomere exam... out of all my anti-aging protocols I have to admit I don't even know where to get one, where/how was yours?

To my original statement- Epithalon really kind of died down, i don't know if that's because you don't really "see/feel" it? I do sleep well when I take it, I don't think it's done anything "external" as far as skin, etc but I do so much in that area it would be hard to discern... I think it's more "internal" going back to the telomere length, but it's also relatively "newer" so who knows, MAYBE it will help us when we are in our 70's or 80's.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
$325?!! Holy Moses! I was taught by late Father to never assume, but in this case, I'll just assume epithalon is doing........ something hahhhaa

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022

That test isn't that expensive if one really wanted to know. Taking a look at the list of pharmacologic agents that slow down telomere shortening, it's good to know that statins made the list. Not only can you experience longer life, but you can experience the pain of it as your muscles are cannibalized (honestly don't know the mechanism.. just being dramatic).

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
$325?!! Holy Moses! I was taught by late Father to never assume, but in this case, I'll just assume epithalon is doing........ something hahhhaa

Yea definitely not on my list of priorities. I'm trying to save up for closing, otherwise I'd have already run this year's cycle. But we got some people on here swinging gold sacks around that it'd be a trivial expense (I kind of put you in the camp).

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Yea definitely not on my list of priorities. I'm trying to save up for closing, otherwise I'd have already run this year's cycle. But we got some people on here swinging gold sacks around that it'd be a trivial expense (I kind of put you in the camp).
1) I have two kids

2) Remodeling the house

3) I won't think twice of spending hundreds of dollars on a loved one, but won't buy a $15 shirt at Kohl's for myself hahaha (although I refuse to actually look at how much I spend on supplements :D)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic