Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Help with wheels

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I can get you hooked up with some weld racing pro stars for it. Light weight looks good. And definitely not a stupid ass $3k......... Like i said when ever you want to make it fast you know who to holler at bro.

Def man. As stated earlier though, I am probably not going to be doing a whole lot to it other than lowering, fixing the wheel hop, and adding these wheels and tires for traction. A 12 second quarter mile if "ok" for me atm. Unfortunately, if I want more, I will have to go way of a paxton or similar because I don't think anything else is going to give me the power I want for the money.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Chrome is good too. This is my wife's car on her street tires.

IMG_0224_zpsedf9369a.jpg

Here it is on her track set up

20131012_085857_zps8362b79a.jpg

Man that is a SUPER clean mustang!

Wow.

I love the new mustangs, and the exhaust they come with. They sound great.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

and the exhaust they come with. They sound great.

o_O Stock GTs are sooooo freakin quiet you can barely hear them. Do you mean WITH an exhaust? I still haven't made a sound bite of my exhaust, but I want to. It is the closest sound you can get to the Fox body 5.0 sound and I just can't get enough of it when I am driving it. It's so nostalgic and bad ass.

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
o_O Stock GTs are sooooo freakin quiet you can barely hear them. Do you mean WITH an exhaust? I still haven't made a sound bite of my exhaust, but I want to. It is the closest sound you can get to the Fox body 5.0 sound and I just can't get enough of it when I am driving it. It's so nostalgic and bad ass.

We've been real happy with the Roush axle back exhaust. Is yours an auto or stick car?

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014

Wow.

I love the new mustangs, and the exhaust they come with. They sound great.

Thanks man she loves it!!! I barely get to drive it lol

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
We've been real happy with the Roush axle back exhaust. Is yours an auto or stick car?

MT. It has a Mac axle back on it. That's all so far. Track pack from factory. Picked it up new for 29k. Talk about cheap hp!

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
MT. It has a Mac axle back on it. That's all so far. Track pack from factory. Picked it up new for 29k. Talk about cheap hp!

Exactly slap some sticky tires on it and you've got a low 12-second street car

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Def man. As stated earlier though, I am probably not going to be doing a whole lot to it other than lowering, fixing the wheel hop, and adding these wheels and tires for traction. A 12 second quarter mile if "ok" for me atm. Unfortunately, if I want more, I will have to go way of a paxton or similar because I don't think anything else is going to give me the power I want for the money.

Pm and let me know what suspension for looking at so I can get you pointed in the right direction.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I can pick out 5.o a mile away just by sound! Stay naturally aspirated, holley heads n intake with a fuel system upgrade! Don't just throw a blower on!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Ok, so I got some pricing on wheels from Discount. Let me tell you this; If they have the wheels in stock or they get them from a place they have an account, they can get you some good deals. However, I ALMOST fell for buying some wheels that they do not, and it was not until I called the place directly that I found out it was a third party purchase and everyone wanted a piece of the pie. They were quoting me $750-1100 on forged wheels. I got on the SVT forums and was asking about True Forged pricing and custom wheels etc, when a TF rep chimed in. Had no idea they were a sponsor there. He told me to give them a call. So, those $1100 wheels? Yeah, only $700 each when you buy directly from them. I know, I know, "only".

Here is the deal though. They custom make their wheels to fit exactly to your vehicle so that they are the tightest fit possible without causing any problems at all. They specialize in Mustangs too. They told me they regularly fit 20x11s on the rear with 315 DRs. That looks so bad ass. Will lower it an inch or so in the future and clearance won't be an issue.

These aren't the wheels I am getting, but just showing what 20x11s look like on a lowered mustang

DSC_0006.jpg

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
^^ That right there looks sick.....I'd deffo. go for that look, mean, low and badass looking.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic