Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Help with wheels

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Both r bad ass wheels! Street slicks????

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Both r bad ass wheels! Street slicks????

No. I thought about getting DOT approved DRs, but the issue is going to be that I am already staggering, which decreases handling. If I go to DRs, then it will further decrease handling, and I don't want to sacrifice too much. Going from 9s to 10s in the rear will give me the traction I need anyway...until I do more work, but that's down the road. In fact, in a couple years, the truck will be paid for, and who knows what I might end up...hint hint...

2012_c63_amg_black_series_01.jpg

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
Do you know why women like men that drive mustangs??????? Because they want a guy smart enough not to buy from a manufacture that borrows billions from the citizens of the United states to pay its bills........ and recall more vehicles in the first 6 months of 2014 than it has sold since 2008 in the u.s.?????

Fixed for ya

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
No. I thought about getting DOT approved DRs, but the issue is going to be that I am already staggering, which decreases handling. If I go to DRs, then it will further decrease handling, and I don't want to sacrifice too much. Going from 9s to 10s in the rear will give me the traction I need anyway...until I do more work, but that's down the road. In fact, in a couple years, the truck will be paid for, and who knows what I might end up...hint hint...
THATS what Im talking about shortz... that Bi-tubo 6.3 is bad ass!!! I am looking at getting an older one now, maybe an e55... who wants to donate to the "lets buy IC's Benz" fund?

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014

cha ching!!! Bad a$$ car for sure

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
yeah... that c63 starts close to 100k... if you bump up the the s63 you can even get messaging seats with 500+hp

I read an article in motor trend or one of those magazines Mercedes ran 10 or more motors at all rpm ranges for over a thousand hours to test the reliability of them. When they were happy and put them in the car they had to dial back the power because the trans wouldn't handle it.

Can beat that kind of luxury and performance all in 1 package.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I'm all for the aluminum look. Black is a fad. The nice thing about a Stang is you can get away with a more dishy design. In other words, not so much negative space. Thin spires look better on the foreign cars. Put some nice thick metal on that bad boy. And keep the diameter within reason. 18 or 19... just my opinion.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I'm all for the aluminum look. Black is a fad. The nice thing about a Stang is you can get away with a more dishy design. In other words, not so much negative space. Thin spires look better on the foreign cars. Put some nice thick metal on that bad boy. And keep the diameter within reason. 18 or 19... just my opinion.

Believe it or not, it already has 19s on it. 20s really don't look all that "ricey" on the new mustangs, especially when you stagger with 20x10 or 20x11. I love so many different looks, it's why I am having trouble deciding. Yes, black is a fad, but like anything, it will come and go, then come again. I also want to keep the wheels light. I want to try and not add more unsprung weight. I love some silver, I love dark graphite, and I love black. Not sure what direction I want to go in

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Shortz are you a fan of Torque Thrust wheels?

I love those on Mustangs and Camaros.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic