Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

GH and cancer

daman1

daman1

VIP Member
Jul 25, 2016
I've been trying get a good grasp on the role, if any, GH has on causing cancer. I want to incorporate it again, but a friend of mine said it greatly increases the risk of cancer.

Anyone with knowledge, your feedback is appreciated.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
We all have cancer cells. Some cancers are hormone driven. To say GH causes cancer in healthy individuals, could be better stated. If I was female and tested for the predisposition for hormone driven forms of beast cancer I would steer away from estrogen. My best answer is IDK.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
See attached. Perhaps some risk in those with prior malignancies.

Attachments

• beck-peccoz-et-al-2020-malignancy-risk-in-adults-with-growth-hormone-deficiency-undergoing-lon...pdf
    112 KB · Views: 40
T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
what's parents and gradparents and sibling cancer history

imho, i'd start there and evaluate

daman1

daman1

VIP Member
Jul 25, 2016

Nothing on Mom's side. Dad had prostate cancer but caught it early on and has been fine so far.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I've been trying get a good grasp on the role, if any, GH has on causing cancer. I want to incorporate it again, but a friend of mine said it greatly increases the risk of cancer.

Interesting read to help you make up your mind.

Li Zeng, Xiaoxiao Song, Chenhong Lin, Jon Kee Ho, Pingxiang Yu, Sanjay Jaiswal, Xiaohong Xu. Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy in Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency and Risk of Cancer: A Meta-Analysis. Open Journal of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases > Vol.7 No.9, September 2017.

Our study corroborates evidence from previous studies showing that GH replacement therapy in AGHD patients would not increase the risk of cancer; instead, it might be even decrease cancer risk. The results suggested that GH replacement therapy in AGHD patients was safe.

Full study here.

5. Conclusion

This meta-analysis suggests that in AGHD patients treated with GH, there are no major safety concerns associated with cancer risk; moreover, GH replacement therapy might even decrease the risk of cancer for AGHD patients. Similar results were also reflected from the analysis conducted by Liang Shen et al. in children with intracranial tumors, craniopharyngioma, medulloblastoma, astrocytoma, or glioma [24] . Ideally, this result should be confirmed by a large-scale multicenter prospective randomized study with sufficiently long follow-up duration.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010

It really depends on your dosage and risk levels. Higher doses = more risk. Lower doses, think Anti-Aging are fine and shouldn’t cause issues. What gets sticky is we all have cancer cells like CFM said, and our immune system keeps things in check. However, if you have a small micro tumor, it can start growing and getting bigger since GH causes everything to grow. The older you are the more risk you have. Which sucks of course.

Reactions: 2ez
Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
This is interesting question because I was just having a convo about this with my dad. He is concerned about a fairly large cyst on his left kidney. But a cycst is not a tumor. And funny enough I had an abdominal ultrasound recently and have a small cycst on one of my kidneys also. I don’t even remember which one because the Dr was not concerned at all about it. Considered normal. My dad is 75 years old and been an athlete all his life, dispite being handicapped (one leg amputated below the knee since he was 20). Raced marathons in a wheelchair and competed bodybuilding in the NPC in the early 90s. Won Nationals one year dispite being Natural. Anyways. He’s still in decent shape. Anyways, he was asking me about CJC1295 and I’m thinking, no man, you want the real stuff. But he’s worried about that cyst getting bigger or turning cancerous. I sent him the article @Wilson6 and @Bigtex posted. As far as I know there isn’t any cancer on his side. I personally think it would be worth the risk. If there even is one. Opinions? I’m talking just 1iu a day. Maybe 2iu. I might be worried about the cyst getting bigger if on higher doses. But I just want to get him to younger, natural levels. For better quality of life benefits. Opinions welcome!

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
This is interesting question because I was just having a convo about this with my dad. He is concerned about a fairly large cyst on his left kidney. But a cycst is not a tumor. And funny enough I had an abdominal ultrasound recently and have a small cycst on one of my kidneys also. I don’t even remember which one because the Dr was not concerned at all about it. Considered normal. My dad is 75 years old and been an athlete all his life, dispite being handicapped (one leg amputated below the knee since he was 20). Raced marathons in a wheelchair and competed bodybuilding in the NPC in the early 90s. Won Nationals one year dispite being Natural. Anyways. He’s still in decent shape. Anyways, he was asking me about CJC1295 and I’m thinking, no man, you want the real stuff. But he’s worried about that cyst getting bigger or turning cancerous. I sent him the article @Wilson6 and @Bigtex posted. As far as I know there isn’t any cancer on his side. I personally think it would be worth the risk. If there even is one. Opinions? I’m talking just 1iu a day. Maybe 2iu. I might be worried about the cyst getting bigger if on higher doses. But I just want to get him to younger, natural levels. For better quality of life benefits. Opinions welcome!
He should ask his renal doc if that cyst has any chance of becoming cancerous under any conditions or is the risk of something else developing the same. I was doing more searches on GH/IGF-I can cancer this am. Same as above, nothing jumps out in any of the meta-analysis. I haven't seen anything in the lit that references the abusive doses BBs have been taking for years relative to the development of cancer. You would think by now, given the focus on trying to find a link to anything bad related to PEDs, GH and cancer would have surfaced by now.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012

I tend to agree here. Arguably we do not have cancerous cells, but some possess the Gene, that cause the cell to grow and divide out of control....ie turning cancerous. since returning to work, they have me on light duty in the Cancer Center. Learning about the many ways to test, predict occurrences , replapse ..etc.....Oncotypes for Beast Ca, Clonoseq for MRD ...etc

Crazy how so many people...esp the young are dx with Liquid Tumors (Lymphoma, Leukemia) and Solid Tumors (Breast, Organs). Lots of new treatments available, but dayum, the numbers are staggering.

Trying to eat even clean now. Food in the country......a lot of it......is toxic.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I tend to agree here. Arguably we do not have cancerous cells, but some possess the Gene, that cause the cell to grow and divide out of control....ie turning cancerous. since returning to work, they have me on light duty in the Cancer Center. Learning about the many ways to test, predict occurrences , replapse ..etc.....Oncotypes for Beast Ca, Clonoseq for MRD ...etc

Crazy how so many people...esp the young are dx with Liquid Tumors (Lymphoma, Leukemia) and Solid Tumors (Breast, Organs). Lots of new treatments available, but dayum, the numbers are staggering.

Trying to eat even clean now. Food in the country......a lot of it......is toxic.
Not sure if it belongs in this or in a separate thread, but hope you'll come back to teach here some of what you learn there.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
He should ask his renal doc if that cyst has any chance of becoming cancerous under any conditions or is the risk of something else developing the same. I was doing more searches on GH/IGF-I can cancer this am. Same as above, nothing jumps out in any of the meta-analysis. I haven't seen anything in the lit that references the abusive doses BBs have been taking for years relative to the development of cancer. You would think by now, given the focus on trying to find a link to anything bad related to PEDs, GH and cancer would have surfaced by now.
I agree. Check and make sure what is going on. But I don't think HRT doses of GH are going to cause any issues. Just just isn't any evidence of that right now.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic