Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Gay Marriage

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
a girl in my daughter's kindergarten class has two fathers. She is happy, healthy, smart, loved and well cared for and considering she came from a ghetto in Russia this girl was given a whole new life when she was adopted.

I rather have no body.Then 2 dads

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Curious on your reasoning

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
I think everyone should be allowed to suffer equally so let anyone marry anyone.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
It's amazing to me that this is still and issue................................................................................................................................................................

This^^^^^.....People need to worry about their own miserable lives and leave other people alone. I know plenty of married straight couples that IMO shouldn't be allowed to have kids either. Due to extreme assholiness.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I rather have no body.Then 2 dads

That's very easy to say... Normally I can respect anyone's opinions, but to allow some children to suffer just to deny someone capable of loving that child... Why deny them that?

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
That's very easy to say... Normally I can respect anyone's opinions, but to allow some children to suffer just to deny someone capable of loving that child... Why deny them that?

All I can say is I rather be alone.Just my opinion on the topic..

Last edited:
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I honestly think they should leave the word "marriage" as the union between man and woman since they can procreate and make a family, they shouldn't include a group that cannot do that.

They should come up with a different term for the gay's, since they don't like civil unions, but it shouldn't be marriage.

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I honestly think they should leave the word "marriage" as the union between man and woman since they can procreate and make a family, they shouldn't include a group that cannot do that.

They should come up with a different term for the gay's, since they don't like civil unions, but it shouldn't be marriage.

In 2001 I entered a civil union with my partner of 10 years (at the time). I was happy calling it a civil union, but New York State (where I sometimes travel) does not recognize civil unions the same as same sex marriage for purposes of a claim of loss of consortium (if one spouse is killed in a car accident, the survivor has a claim for loss of consortium), so when I was able to marry my partner, I decided to do that, to be sure we have the maximum benefit of the law. Also the recent supreme court case overturning DOMA probably does not apply to civil unions, so to take full advantage of the benefits of marriage, we decided to get married.

Maybe it is a little bit cynical, but we have been together 22 years now, and love one another a lot, and if we are able to have all the benefits available to a straight couple, then I am willing to do what is necessary to get those, even if it means calling our relationship a marriage, instead of a civil union as I would have preferred.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I don't mind them marrying but they should have no right to adopt kids. Period.

This type of thinking is based on fear, not on reality.

The fear is gays are deviant and likely to molest children. But there have been many scientific studies done, showing people self identifying as gay are no more likely to molest children than are people self identifying as straight.

Child abuse (from what I can tell) is motivated by much different emotions than homosexuality. I think it is motivated by a need to be a predator of innocent, helpless children, for selfish purposes -- to dominate them and to hurt them. Truly sickening stuff IMO.

Homosexuality, on the other hand, is not about being a predator, but about being with someone like yourself, someone you can relate to. In my opinion it is the opposite of predatory.

Last edited:
The Dude

The Dude

Aug 30, 2013
Who cares if two dudes want to get married. It's their business, they aren't bothering me. The govt. can step in when a dude wants to marry a goat or something but if some guy loves another mans hairy ass that's his own business.

Two Dudes? The is only one Dude.

The Dude cares not who does what. Everyone deserves to be happy.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I dont give a **** if 2 girls or guys wanna get married... It doesn't affect me...Just think though if it's allowed, thats lots more people getting married, and each time someone gets married, they have to go to city hall, pay $$ etc... it's only gonna bring more money into our broke ass gov't, so sure why not

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 4 members watching this topic

, , ,