What's New?

fukk you oil companies

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Are you buying diesel?

No, our gas prices are high, Regular is $4.30 a gallon today. Diesel is in the $3's, not sure, can't use that or I won't get anywhere and I'll need some new car parts....lol

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Blame OPEC, taxes, weak currency, rogue environmentalists, increased global demand, and speculators.

Oil companies themselves don't make the huge fortunes most think they do unless a well is an unusually high producer. Their margins in general are pretty slim. Many a would-be Jock Ewing soon end up doing something else and perhaps even bankrupt after a short-lived venture into wildcatting. :D

It takes a very large investment to drill on land, and even more to drill in water. And wells don't always produce.

And if they do, the oil has to be transported and refined, both of which also cost money and use fuel themselves. Politicians and environmentalists who extort from oil companies also need to be greased so that operations are allowed to start up and continue. And much-needed workers paid very good money to be motivated to do the work.

A an artificially weak dollar (printing excess money, keeping rates artificially low, substantial Fed Reserve asset purchases, etc) can be a good thing in controlled amounts in fragile economic times when growth needs to be stimulated. But it cannot go on forever, and will have undesirable consequences if overdone.

Thank You. It's saddening to see how few Americans really understand economics 101. Our oil prices are high for political reasons period. try to build a refinery, look at the taxes , regulations , lands restricted from drilling. Sheeit loo kat this asshole obama blocking the keystone pipeline..UN FUCUCKIN BELIEVABLE with our economy and gas prices.
look at North Dakota and the boom in oil on PRIVATE lands and you will see and understand how liberals are bent on destroying America

As for the liberal view..''High prices aren't bad for America and Americans, just hard on the individual'' I will let that statement stand on it's own. That's probably thee most twisted view on economics I have seen yet..but that's libs for ya!

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
No, our gas prices are high, Regular is $4.30 a gallon today. Diesel is in the $3's, not sure, can't use that or I won't get anywhere and I'll need some new car parts....lol

Diesel is higher where I live by 25%.nullifying the value of a little diesel powered car.......F UUKK big oil anyways LOL and Politicians

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
If memory serves me right it was the elevating gas prices that began the whole economical down slide. This "individual" says for big oil, opec or who ever is screwing with prices of fuel, wear this proudly :azzhat:

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
National natural resources being exploited by private profiteering corporations should be illegal.
I have never signed off my share of the natural resources to anyone.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
At the gas tank integrated oil companies make about 7 cents per gallon. Meanwhile, the government extracts more than 48 cents, on average, per gallon. That’s right: Uncle Sam takes nearly seven times more out of drivers’ wallets via taxation than “Big Oil.”

the largest oil companies averaged a profit margin of around 6.5%. This pales in comparison to profit margins in just about every other industry. The pharmaceutical industry, for example, routinely averages a profit margin of about 16%. The soft drink market is even more lucrative.
http://www.forbes.com/2011/05/10/oil-company-earnings.html

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
National natural resources being exploited by private profiteering corporations should be illegal.

What's happening with water is sickening... nestle has been trying to steal the great lakes for profit for a decade. And when a citizens group formed to fight them they hit them with what's called a SLAPP suit. They sue for defamation and other bullshit.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011

Cmon you're just pokin the bear trying to pum up the crowd??!! You know NO Compnies get to mine ANY resources on Federal land without Federal grants\permission. It's why private landowners are booming in N Dakota and oil companies are forced into deepwater rigs then shit on when a accident happens. Like you didn't know this stuf...:fish2:

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
If memory serves me right it was the elevating gas prices that began the whole economical down slide. This "individual" says for big oil, opec or who ever is screwing with prices of fuel, wear this proudly :azzhat:

Grumpy the current mess is due to Chris Dodd and Barnie Franke , they ran Freddie mac and Fannimae, the cause of the real estate collapse that started the recession. Gas was under $2 a gallon when Bush was in office. Obama actually campaigned on $5 a gallon gas and idiots voted for him!!!

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I work for an oil company and I can assure you we have nothing to do with increasing prices....

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Grumpy the current mess is due to Chris Dodd and Barnie Franke , they ran Freddie mac and Fannimae, the cause of the real estate collapse that started the recession. Gas was under $2 a gallon when Bush was in office. Obama actually campaigned on $5 a gallon gas and idiots voted for him!!!

And Clinton and his cronies were the ones who started the whole housing mess with the idea of making home ownership "affordable for everyone", and basically a "right" for all, more or less. I have known and come across many who are simply not cut out for the responsibilities of home ownership no matter what.

I can remember many years ago as a mortgage broker coming across renters and other non-homeowners who came to me to get financing who I could only get approved if they agreed to an ARM, which I would only offer people as such a last resort. I would always tell these people to save a little $ each month and work on getting their credit scores up so that they could refinance to a permanent fixed rate loan before the current loan went from fixed to variable in a couple of years. But I could usually tell that these people weren't going to listen anyway, and that it would be unlikely that they'd even keep the home those 2 years anyway - they'd usually end up getting foreclosed on or having the home auctioned away by the tax collector before then.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Gas has jumped 30 cents a gallon in under 2 weeks here which is rediculous.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic