Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Fu$!#&ing pec tear

Dawgpound Hank

Dawgpound Hank

VIP Member
Mar 20, 2023
So I tore my left pec 2 months ago. Didn't get it looked at bcoz it didn't start to bruise until 2 days later, and pain wasn't TOO bad, just really tight for about 2 weeks. I was doing flat db press, and POW, on the third rep, felt that dreaded twitch/ripping feel, so dropped the db immediate.

Anyways, I babied it, didn't do any pec work for a month, then slowly started back with just pec deck flies and machine bench press with very light weights for high reps - slow & deliberate reps, nothing explosive at all. Over the next 4 chest workouts, slowly increased the intensity. Everything felt good - no pain. Then, last week, doing Smith incline press. Bar x 30-40 reps, 95 x 20, 135 x 20, 185 x 12. Felt great and easy. Said OK 225 and no higher. 225 x 10. Slow reps. Felt good - pretty easy. Then, same weight, go to unrack it, as soon as I lower it, BOOM, same shit! Reinjured it. FUQ ME! Again, no bruising until 2 days later. But the bruising this time was much worse, and only on my arm.

I seen the orthopedic doc that specializes in sports injuries 2 days ago. He ordered an MRI, and said based on where the pain is, the very upper/outer part of the pec, like where it ties in to the delt & upper bicep area, that I prolly partially tore the tendon where it attaches. He said unlikely a full tear, or I wouldn't have been able to go thru the series of tests he gave me of applying pressure to his hand in various angles with no pain. Oh well, I guess when ya bang 110% with the iron always, inevitably shit will happen. The good thing is since, I've hit back, legs and arms, all 100% with no issues. Just felt a slight tightness in any overhead pulldowns due to the stretch, so just did 3/4 reps, but bb rows, cable rows, t-bars, etc was all gtg. I did try some light db & cable side laterals with no issues. But I didn't wanna go too hard on delts being the injury is right there at the tie-in.

Btw this all happened about 2 weeks after those pix I posted in other thread. Funny thing is, the ONLY time I had ever tore a muscle before, I was running tren. The same pec back in, IIRC, '05, and a calf, I believe in '07 or '08. No tren this time, just test & deca. Go figure duh.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Well if you stop being a Silverback Gorilla in the gym, you could avoid stuff like this. Haha.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
How much was the bruising the first time around? I had this same thing happen to me 10 years ago where I had that twitch/ripping feel in my chest when I was benching with 315 on the bar (a weight I was very comfortable with). I had a small square of bruising in the same spot on my bicep. I didn’t see a doc about it until like 6 months later because it was still bothering me a bit but the MRI didn’t show anything conclusive at that point.

In terms of lifting, I was a baby about it for like a year and did dumbbell stuff only. And then it was like another year before I got back to where I was bench-wise and beyond. The mental fuck was the worst part.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Good luck. Freaking things take time and getting into our 60s probably doesn't help.

Dawgpound Hank

Dawgpound Hank

VIP Member
Mar 20, 2023
How much was the bruising the first time around? I had this same thing happen to me 10 years ago where I had that twitch/ripping feel in my chest when I was benching with 315 on the bar (a weight I was very comfortable with). I had a small square of bruising in the same spot on my bicep. I didn’t see a doc about it until like 6 months later because it was still bothering me a bit but the MRI didn’t show anything conclusive at that point.

In terms of lifting, I was a baby about it for like a year and did dumbbell stuff only. And then it was like another year before I got back to where I was bench-wise and beyond. The mental fuck was the worst part.
Not much - not as much as my arm bruised in the second pic above. Yeah, the mental fuq is the worst. I tore this same pec back in '05, and don't think I put more than 185 on the bar for a whole year. I'm an idiot - I shoulda never went to 225 only 8 weeks after duh. It's just that it felt great, so wth. I shoulda knew better. My azz will FOSHO baby it for prolly a year after this. Good thing is once ya have the mass, it doesn't take much to maintain it - I think I can get away with just pumping it with blood with light weights and high reps and not lose much chest size. Prolly just machines & pec deck for a long time haha.

Dawgpound Hank

Dawgpound Hank

VIP Member
Mar 20, 2023
Hank, get you some BPC 157 and TB500 and start injecting. Sure will speed up the healing process.
Prolly gonna do just that. I tried both before with no luck, but it was for a chronic RC issue for years. Being this is acute, might have better luck with it. Thanks for the tip.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I was listening to Dave Tate today talking about all the injuries he had and he mentioned not once did he suffer an injury pushing big weights. It was always with weights he was repping out with and he just lost focus.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic